A passion for all things Sixties inspired Yvonne and Ian’s fabulous, fun-filled wedding day at the Albert Cottage Hotel on the Isle of Wight!
There was no question that Yvonne and Ian Wright would marry on the Isle of Wight. It was where they had spent their first weekend away together, and where Ian proposed. Settling for the Friday of the annual Bank Holiday Scooter Rally, the happy couple indulged their passion for the 1960’s to the full – with Yvonne being chauffeured in her dad’s 1966 Mark 1 Ford Cortina and Ian arriving in style on his own 1969 Vespa GTR. Yvonne chose a gorgeous retro inspired dress by from Caroline Castigliano, whilst a friend made the lilac bridesmaids’ dresses from an original 1960’s pattern, and Ian treated himself to a bespoke, ‘mod’ style suit.
The ceremony and reception took place in the sumptuous Albert Cottage Hotel, and Yvonne and Ian designed and sourced the fabulous table settings, with ‘singles’ coasters, check table-cloths and babycham glasses for the toasts! A wandering close-up magician and a vintage ice cream van kept the guests happy during the photo-shoot, and after a buffet style wedding breakfast, the newly-weds and their guests enjoyed the thrill of a casino and bopped the night away.
- The cupcakes were made by Lorraine Roper from Cupcake Magic.
- The cake topper was made by Liz Huff from Huff And Puff Stuff.
- All the flowers were done The Flower Garden of IOW.
- Yvonne’s dress was from Caroline Castigliano of London.
- Maid of Honour’s dress (raspberry) came from Oasis
- The two lilac bridesmaids’dresses were made by a friend, but the petticoats were made by Annabella Designs in the IOW & the boleros came from BHS.
- Ian’s bespoke ‘mod’ suit was made by George’s Tailors of Haringey London. His shirt was made by 2000 Tailoring of Berwick Street, London.
- Ice-cream van was from The Plaza Ices of Cowes.
- The space-hoppers are from TST outdoor toys.
- The Magician was David Bonsall.
- The evening entertainment of the casino was supplied by Shuffles Events in the IOW.
- Personalised trolley coin key rings (as favours) designed by Yvonne and Ian & made by Premier badges Ltd.