What is my style? 5 things you should ask yourself.
When choosing your outfit and accessories for your big day, your personality counts for a lot. Make sure that what you are wearing on your wedding day is something that you are comfortable in and will flatter your shape.
Here are five questions to ask yourself when deciding what to wear:
- What styles do I like? (vintage, retro, classic, Great Gatsby…)
- What colours do I like?
- Who are my style icons?
- What words would I use to describe myself? (Loud; quiet; friendly; energetic; elegant?)
- How would I like to be seen by others on my wedding day? (stunning; elegant; unusual; cute; chic?)
Answering these questions should help you decide what look you really want for your wedding day.
We advise that you should always stick to your own personal styles rather than trying to emulate the latest fashions and trends, but make sure to have fun with it – it is your special day after all!
For more information and ideas on personal styling, take a look at our Wedding Ideas section: /wedding-ideas/finding-your-personal-bridal-style
For inspiration for your wedding day check out our Pinterest boards: http://www.pinterest.com/guidesforbrides/
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles