Wedding Party Invitation Ideas
These days, it’s unexpected to get an actual invitation in the post, especially as we’re well into the digital age of emails and Facebook invites. This makes it all the more exciting when we receive a wedding party invitation in the post! This post features stationery by Br&newweddings.
As a rule of thumb, wedding invitations planning should begin around 6-7 months before your big day. There’s lots to consider such as wedding invitation themes, wedding colours and wedding invitation style, design and fonts. Not to mention the time it will take to actually create the wedding invitations, before posting them off in the nick of time!
Wedding invitations are the first impression of your wedding that your guests will have, so it’s important to opt for something that not only represents you and your partner’s personalities, but also matches the wedding theme that you want to have. Stuck for inspiration? We have rounded up ideas for the themes, design, style and colours here. Have a look at what we’ve brainstormed for wedding party invitation ideas!
Set the tone for your wedding by matching your wedding invitations to your wedding theme! It’s also super easy to personalise your wedding invitations and coordinate them with your chosen wedding theme. For ideas in bringing yours and your partner’s personalities out through wedding invitations, have a look at our list of ideas!
- Tell a story: how did you and your partner meet? Encapsulate upon this.
- Animals: you and your partner’s favourite animal? Dogs? Paw prints on invites.
- Movies/Film/TV series: Harry Potter for example – Hogwarts Express train ticket. Disney – Beauty and The Beast – Blue card wrapped in gold ribbon. Game of Thrones – have the family house symbol that you and your partner support printed on the invite with the tagline: ‘A Wedding Is Coming’.
- Love timeline: tell your story.
- Scratch cards: scratch the wedding invitation to reveal the wedding details.
- Old photos: ‘these kids are getting married’
- Nature: bird seeds? Grass? Leaves?
- Travel/Destination: have a love of travel?
- City skylines: Engagement in NYC?
- The seasons: winter wedding – snowflakes, pine cones, Christmas trees
- Beach: perfect if you are having a beach wedding!
- Flowers: flowers you’re thinking about for your bouquet
When it comes to wedding invitations design, there are so many different avenues that you can go down. The world is your oyster when it comes to wedding invitation designs, as you can opt for any wedding stationery and materials, along with all sorts of shapes and sizes that take your fancy. Delight your wedding guests with your DIY wedding stationery and here are some ideas to inspire you:
- Paper: patterned paper, glitter paper
- Laser Cut Paper
- Polka Dot
- Objects: buttons, bow, pearl, flowers
- Glitter: catch your guests’ eyes with bling!
- Paint: acrylic paint, watercolour wash – add soft hues that match the wedding colours
- Letterpress – handmade???
- Embellishments: crystal embellishments, embroidery, lace, pearlescent, twine, diamante, ribbon, sequins, and twine.
- Rubber stamping
Guides For Brides Top Tip: Don’t be afraid to experiment with the shape and style of wedding invites – it doesn’t have to be the typical shape of the standard envelope and card that comes through in the post. You can opt for a side fold, top fold, pocket style, gatefold side gatefold, overlap fold, Z fold, side pocket or top pockets. Spoilt for choice? We are too!
Wedding invitation style is hugely dependant on other wedding invitation factors such as wedding themes, design and colour. Looking for a romantic style? Then opt for red and pink colour tones. Looking for a rustic style? Selecting brown shades with the use of lace and twine would be perfect. Set the scene for your wedding with these wedding invitation style ideas:
Wedding invitation colours don’t have to stick to the traditional and standard white/gold/silver tones? Yes, that’s right! You can be bold with your wedding colours and still have it look tasteful and well-coordinated. There’s lots of different shades and tones to choose from that matches yours and your partner’s character. Have a look at what we have listed below – most of the wedding colour ideas come from a previous piece that we put together on wedding colours.
- Vintage Pink Blush Gold: Completely feminine, elegant and delicate.
- Rainbow: Think unicorns and bright colours too which embody magical excitement.
- Aqua Blue and Baby Pink: Cute and fun – need we say more?
- Red and Turquoise: Passion mixed with freshness.
- Coral and Purple: sensual with hints of autumnal tones.
- Burgundy and Dusty Blue: Perfect for those winter weddings!
- Red, Blue and Yellow: Bold, uplifting and unexpected.
- Yellow, Magenta and Orange: Reflects summer youth and vibrancy.
- Grey, Fuchsia and Lime Green: Refined and cultivated.
- Sage Green, Chocolate Brown and Yellow: Earthy and organic – ideal for those down-to-earth couples.
- Mint Green, Peach and Gold: For flavours of bohemia and romance.
- Lime Green and Electric Cobalt: Fresh and striking – guaranteed to leave a lasting impression.
- Aqua, Cherry Red and Khaki: For a quirky and retro wedding style!
- Grey, Mustard and Navy Blue: For those understated, classic and sophisticated weddings.
- Canary Yellow and Hot Pink: If you want to make an energetic statement for your summer wedding, this is the way to go.
- Light Blue, Cornflower Blue and Chartreuse: Simply uplifting and calming.
- Merlot red, Warm Peach and Light Green Sage: Autumnal and warm and suits winter weddings too!
As you’ve probably spotted – wedding themes, design, style and colour are all closely linked. The planned combination of all four aspects are what make successful wedding party invitations! But, whatever you decide for your wedding party invitation ideas, we are sure your invitations will be amazing and true to you both as a couple.
Looking for the perfect stationery set?See our Recommendations
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Ultimate Guides
- Covid 19
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles