Should we have a wedding videographer?
These days, wedding videography is much more popular than it used to be, as it’s the perfect way to remember your big day and catch your ceremony, vows and speeches on video. Gone are the days of cheesy videos – instead, wedding videographers are creating stunning films that can be anything from light-hearted recaps of your day with funny moments and messages, to catching all those emotional moments and beautiful details in a cinematic masterpiece.
It’s an ideal keepsake to look back on over your married years, especially to remember family members who may no longer be with you.
So what should you be looking for in a professional video? Here are our key criteria:
- A pace that moves the video along. You shouldn’t be bored after watching the first few seconds, because nothing much is happening.
- Is the picture steady, so you can watch without a headache? Or do they not keep the camera still, causing it to wobble around?
- Can you hear the voices properly, especially during the ceremony and the speeches?
- All videographers today should be able to produce not only DVDs, but also widescreen pictures. This means that when you play your wedding video at home, it fits your television screen!
- Your DVD should have chapter markers and menus, so you can re-live the parts you want. It should have a short highlights section, when you want a quick fix(!) and maybe a brief trailer, to get your heart racing!
- High definition video is just emerging – this will give you a future-proofed result in the years to come.
What to ask…
Ask to view sample clips on their website or for a recent demonstration disc. In addition, talk to them about how they operate on the day and ask them for referrals from previous customers. Be sure you know exactly what your package includes, how long they’ll be filming for, and whether there’ll be more than one videographer to capture both the bride and groom’s preparations, as well as whether you get copyright over your video and whether you can have a snipper or trailer to share on social media.
Like many services in demand, such as photographers and venues, the good ones get booked up early, so don’t leave it to the last minute!
Discover the many videographers online today.
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Your Wedding Day
- Other Articles