Virtual Check In or “Track and Trace” for Weddings
If you are getting married in 2020 you’ll want to keep everyone who attends your wedding safe and comply with any government guidelines on Track & Trace. Our new app offers a simple virtual check in for your guests and suppliers. It checks that they are symptom-free and asks them to let you know if they develop symptoms, so you can email all who attended, quickly, safely and securely.
Set up Track + Trace for your wedding here.
The app works in three ways:
- It keeps a secure list of guests and suppliers who attend the event.
- It asks guests and suppliers to confirm that they don’t have symptoms and aren’t in a category that should be self-isolating. Evidence demonstrates that you are far less likely to ignore safety regulations if actively reminded.
- If anyone develops symptoms after the event, it enables the event host to quickly notify attendees, thus reducing the risk of suppliers inadvertently spreading the infection to other events.
Using the app
Anyone can set up an event, here’s how it will work.
- Add some basic details to create the event, including the venue name and date of the wedding.
- The software generates unique links for you to send to your guests and suppliers, ideally 24-48 hours before the wedding is due to take place.
- Those attending can click the link, add their contact details and complete a short COVID declaration stating that they are symptom-free and happy to attend.
- The venue can have a complete list of suppliers and guests attending. If anyone arrives having not completed the online check-in, you can either add their details or send a link to complete their details on their phone.
- There is a quick, secure option to send a message to guests and suppliers after the event if anyone shows symptoms in the following days or to simply thank them for attending.
Is the data safe?
Yes, guest privacy and the security of your data is of the utmost importance. The app has a number of features to ensure this is the case:
- You share the link directly with your guests, so won’t need to give your guests’ contact details to your venue.
- The app only stores data on those who are actually attending the event.
- Guest contact details are hidden at all times, only showing their name and their declaration.
- The data is stored on a secure server, using full industry security.
- All personal data on guests and suppliers are permanently deleted after 21 days. Leaving enough time for the 14 day incubation period to pass and for the host to get in touch with attendees if necessary.
Who should be using the app?
Anyone responsible for the safety of people attending a wedding can use the app. This could be you as a bride or groom, but could also include wedding planners, caterers or venues.
For ease, venues, planners and caterers can set up an account with multiple events.
How do I access it?
The app is currently be approved by the App store for iOs and Android so will be available as a downloadable App in early July. In the meantime you can access it by phone, tablet, laptop or desktop HERE.
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles