Wedding Ideas: Transport – Cars to Carriages
We can ensure you arrive in style with every conceivable transport option.
Winter is on its way, and if you’re looking to plan your dream wedding, then this wonderfully romantic time of year is the perfect opportunity to really make the most of your special day. With earthy, rich colour palettes, early sunsets, candlelight and glorious sparkle, winter is truly a beautiful season for your wedding. It even opens up the possibility of sprinkling some festive, Christmas cheer into the mix to really make the day one to remember.
Wedding themes come and go but choosing the right style of transport on your wedding day that reflects your own personalities is guaranteed to have your friends & family reaching for their cameras to capture the moment.
It was predicted that when Civil Ceremonies, with the ceremony and reception held in the same place, became popular, it would herald an end to many wedding car companies.
Wedding stretched limousines are becoming increasingly popular as the choice for wedding transport. However you need to choose the limousine hire company carefully. Perhaps talk to friends you know which have used limousines and ask them if they would recommend a company. There are an increasing number of make shift limousines and limousine companies, so take care not to fall into one of their traps. Once you have found a reliable company with a good reputation, you are away! Some limousines have special facilities such as bridal doors for an easy and smooth entrance and exit, music systems, and champagne coolers.
By choosing a genuine vintage wedding car for your wedding day you will be travelling back to the golden days of motoring. Carefree times of style and elegance that characterised the 1920’s and 30’s. A time when prestigious cars, endowed with individuality, were lovingly assembled by craftsmen. Deep lustrous chrome, real hand polished wooden dashboards, the smell of cared for leather - nothing comes close. Read More
Wedding transport is a very important aspect of the wedding. There is nothing worse than waiting for hours for your wedding car while all your guests are waiting at the church. You want to be able to turn up when you want in a calm and composed manner, rather than being stressed by unreliable transport. However, have no fear - there are many reliable wedding cars and carriages companies out there to help you travel to and from your wedding in style.
Horse drawn Carriages provide a traditional, romantic and enchanting way to travel to and from your wedding ceremony and wedding reception. It provides an idyllic image and looks magical in your wedding photos. A professional horse drawn carriage company will have a selection of different horses and carriages to choose from to complement your wedding style. There are so many options to choose from when selecting your horse drawn carriage that you can make your horse drawn carriage unique. From the style of carriage, fairytale or traditional, open or closed topped, to the colour and stamp of horses. You can even choose the colour of decoration that the horses wear. If it is a long way to travel to your wedding ceremony, it may be necessary to travel part of the way in the car especially if you are traveling to the reception in the carriage as well. It can also provide a way of entertaining the children with rides around the reception venue.
- check out the options on line. Look at photos on the company's web site before arranging to see the car
- make sure you see the actual car - not just a photo of it. Some companies act as agents for other companies' cars, and while there is nothing wrong with this, you need to know where the buck stops
- find out if there is a back up plan. Cars do, unfortunately, occasionally breakdown
- check that the company is correctly insured. While it is perhaps not appropriate to ask to see insurance documents, a brief email confirming this point if it isn't already on the company's documentation will suffice if there is a problem later
- feel uncomfortable about asking exactly what a particular car looks like - you are not expected to know your Armstrongs from your Bentleys
- expect to be taken for a ride when you go to see the car; how the car feels is largely irrelevant
Start your wedding planning here
Guides for Brides bring you all you need to plan your dream wedding.
Need help? Our experienced team have been helping brides for more than 20 years, call us on 01235 773461 now.
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Your Wedding Day
- Other Articles