The Rise of the Village Hall Wedding
Finding the perfect wedding venue can be a tricky affair, and more and more brides are looking for ways to make the day really different.
Here are Kemp and Kemp’s Top 5 reasons to choose a village hall:
1. You have power, toilets, parking and furniture already on site, and often very good well equipped kitchens. There will sometimes be a bar area or other room available for presents, dancing or wet weather alternatives for your canapé reception.
2. You can easily find halls to hire in most large villages.
3. They are usually very cheap to hire once you find the bookings secretary.
4. You can dress a village hall using a venue dresser or creative friends and family at a fraction of the cost of hiring and decorating a marquee, for a truly individual look.
5. They make great venues for vintage-style tea parties or country-style weddings which are still hugely popular.
Husband and wife team Kemp & Kemp have made something of a speciality of helping people find alternative ways of making their weddings unique and individual, with Karen Kemp creating and cooking the food while Richard runs the event planning side of the business with meticulous attention to detail. “I like to make sure my clients’ hard earned cash goes into the important things (like amazing home-made food of course) and with a village hall there is no need to shell out for the boring bits like generators, toilets, tables and chairs.”
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles