Simplicity is usually the key with wedding shoes and most brides stick with the traditional silk or satin in a colour to match your dress. However, if you’ve found a fabulous pair of shoes and want to build your wedding day look around them – that’s fine too!
Whatever style shoe your wearing you need to feel comfortable on you wedding day so its time for some sensible advice to show you how to put your best foot forward:
1. You dont want to be in pain on the day so make sure you `wear in` your shoes around the house beforehand so you scruff the soles to obtain more grip.
2. If you dont want to even wear heels then why not wear pumps instead, there are beautiful designs out there so you will still feel gorgeous on your special day.
3. Vintage shoes are defintly elegant and very comfortable so will be a great choice to wear for your wedding shoes.
4. It would be good to consider a second pair of shoes such as a flatter heel for the wedding reception so you feel more relaxed and comfortable.
5. Remember you’ll be wearing your shoes all day so make sure you choose a comfortable style for your wedding shoes.
As with wedding jewellery, there is a lot to be said for buying your wedding shoes in the same place as your bridal dress, however as long as you know what height heel you are aiming for, you can try a sample shoe from the boutique when you try your dress and then shop around if you want something different.
Bridal boutiques tend to stock just the most popular designs and you will need to go to a specialist for more unusual wedding shoes or for wedding boots.
Sharing this article? Simply copy and paste this link