Marriage preparation courses
Most couples naturally spend a lot of time (and money) to make their wedding day very special and memorable. Not so many couples spend time preparing for their marriage. A wedding is for a day; a marriage is for life! For couples who wish to create a strong and long-lasting marriage, marriage preparation courses are available throughout the UK. Companies such as Marriage Care, Care for the Family and The Marriage Preparation Course all offer courses designed to give engaged couples the tools they need to build strong foundations for their future together.
These courses cover areas such as:
- the importance of commitment
- how to recognise and appreciate your differences
- the art of communication
- resolving conflict
- spending time together
- nurturing your friendship
- making each other feel loved
- developing a good sexual relationship
- the importance of talking about your goals, values and dreams
Often these courses are based on Christian principles for relationships but they are suitable for people with or without a church background, and depending on the course you choose, you often don’t need to be marrying in a church to attend one.