The 10 commandments of social media at weddings
Millennials are obsessed with social media, and our weddings are no exception. But what is the social media etiquette for guests, is there a set of rules to follow? The short answer is no, as it really depends on the couple and their wishes, but we think these ten commandments of social media wedding etiquette are a pretty good place to start.
- Thou shalt not post pictures of the bride before the groom has seen her.
- Thou shall honour the wedding #hashtag.
- Thou shalt not post a picture on social media before the bride or groom.
- Thou shall pass on smartphone photos to the bride and groom.
- Thou shalt not upload a picture of the bride where she looks like she has five chins.
- Thou shall respect the bride and groom’s social media wishes.
- Thou shalt not not get in the way of the photographer when taking smartphone photos.
- Thou shalt not use the flash and consequently ruin professional photographs.
- Thou shall honour the brides wishes, if she wants a photo taken down – take it down.
- Thou shalt not spend the day uploading pictures rather than living in the moment.
We’re all new to social media wedding etiquette, but it’s something that is becoming more and more important for millennial couples. Make sure you’re clear on how you want your guests to use social media at your wedding, and make it obvious on the day with signs and announcements.
Haven’t got your wedding hashtag sorted yet? Check out our post on how to choose your hashtag.
Start planning your big day with our FREE Guides for Brides Wedding Planner
Photo credit: Pinterest
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Ultimate Guides
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles