Rain, rain go away…
You can’t predict the weather. Although you have planned every intricate detail of your wedding, the weather is not something you have any control over. Don’t let this surprise guest ruin your day though!
Prepare for the worst. Have a contingency plan!
- Read the weather forecast and start planning early on. Don’t panic, but be decisive. If you have planned a completely outdoor wedding, make sure that there is a fall back sheltered venue just in case the weather takes a turn for the worst.
- Rain isn’t great for hair. Make sure you have back up supplies of hair accessories, sprays and appliances. Talk to your hairstylist and see what can be done to make sure that your hair stays looking great if it rains.
- Think about your shoes. Make sure you have some wellies ready. Wellies add a lot of personality to your photos and come in every colour, so can be easily matched with your dress.
- Have umbrellas handy for all your guests.
Most importantly….embrace it. Don’t let the rain ruin your day. Smile and enjoy the day, no matter the weather.
To look at rainy day weddings on Guides for Brides Pinterest, and see how a little or a lot of rain won’t ruin your day.
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles