Pros and Cons of a Marquee Wedding
Marquee weddings give you and your groom huge flexibility in your wedding.
- Firstly, when you hire a marquee for your wedding you can choose it to be any size. Not only does this mean it can fit into your garden but it also means that you can have your ideal guest list. You choose the marquee to suit you and your wedding.
- Secondly, you have complete control over the marquee decoration. If you need help or inspiration the marquee company can provide decoration, but if you want to do it yourself, there are no restrictions.
- Thirdly, you can change the layout of the marquee so you can have it in the format you want. For example you can section off parts of the marquee for catering and you can choose how big and where you want your dance floor.
Marquee Weddings give you a large amount of flexibility however they do also have their downsides.
- They are quite seasonal. This means that they work best in the spring and autumn, and hence this is when they are their most expensive. If you can afford a marquee with all the works, for example air conditioning, they make a great venue for a summer wedding.
- Unlike a venue, when you hire a marquee for your wedding you also have to hire other facilities, for example chairs, tables, stage, dance floor, lights and mobile loos.
- Marquee’s,do however, add responsibility to you, your groom and your families. It requires you to set up decorate and tidy up afterwards. Not necessarily something you want to do on the morning after your wedding.
- Finally, weddings are not quiet events, especially not marquee weddings. If you are planning on having lots of guests and a live band to dance to until the late hours- there is a risk you could upset the neighbours.
Marquee Weddings are seasonal
They are best suited and most in demand in Spring and Autumn