Podcast: “Choosing Your Wedding Party?”
In the second episode of Guides for Brides – The Wedding Podcast, Nikita and Amelia discuss a difficult, but important, wedding decision – who is going to be in your wedding party?
Listen to this episode of Guides for Brides – The Wedding Podcast on a number of major podcast platforms.
What was covered in this podcast episode?
We run through who we consider to be in the wedding party, how to choose those key roles, how to manage those people’s expectations of their role and avoid upsetting those who can’t be in the wedding party.
During our discussion we defined the wedding party as those who have a key role in your wedding. This includes those who have a specific job and potentially an additional cost (both time and money).
Key roles discussed include:
- The wedding couple
- Both of your parents
- The person walking you down the aisle
- The groomsmen / bridesmaids
- Any children who will have some involvement in your wedding
By the end of this episode, you will know what your key considerations are when it comes to choosing your bridesmaids, groomsmen, people of honour and others who are involved in your wedding. You’ll feel more confident on how to approach the idea of children being involved in your big day and deal with the disappointment of those who potentially can’t get as involved as they may have hoped to. You’ll also have some great ideas for asking people to be in your wedding along with knowing how to manage the expectations of those involved.
Related articles for this episode
- Your Wedding Party Duties
- The Bride & Groom’s Parents
- What are a Bridesmaid’s Duties?
- How To Propose to your Bridesmaids
- The Groom, Best Man, Groomsmen, Ushers and Pageboys
Please note: this episode was recorded before the latest lockdown in England (5th January 2020)
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Ultimate Guides
- Covid 19
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles