Planning Help with DIY Workshops
Today’s weddings are becoming a reflection of each couples style and personalities and are now also heavily influenced by the media and celebrities. Everyone has aspirations for their wedding to be the wedding of the year, the one that all their guests will all still be talking about for a long time to come; but how do they achieve it, how do they add those extra touches that will make everyone go ‘wow’ when they walk in to the ceremony or the reception?! And how do they keep the day true to themselves, stay on budget and in control of the many deadlines!!? There are many ways to draw inspiration including, the internet, wedding magazines and wedding fairs which are all fantastic sources for good ideas (unless you don’t have time or let’s face it sometimes at a weekend the inclination!)
In today’s busy world it seems to be getting harder to juggle a career, family life and a social life as well!!! Not everyone feels totally confident in their planning abilities so ultimately the planning can in fact end up confusing with lots of choices to make and deadlines that seem quite daunting.
Understanding the changing needs of individuals and that many couples do wish to organise their day independently, Gracefully Yours Wedding Planners have introduced an alternative solution within their portfolio of services – Wedding DIY Workshops.
Perfect for those people who are planning themselves but feel they would benefit from guidance and expert tips from a professional wedding planner, Gracefully Yours aim to assist couples so they can then organise their big day seamlessly. Gracefully Yours have their ‘finger on the pulse’ for everything wedding related at all times and with over 12 years experience within event management have a wealth of knowledge to share with clients.
The new Wedding DIY Workshop services are held on a one to one basis (brides tend to bring along a friend, their groom or their mother) and offer advice and inspirational ideas on current trends as well as design and decoration tips to achieve an individually styled wedding; budgeting and staying in control are discussed and help is given on how to select venues and suppliers including how to get the best deals. Advice on etiquette and traditions is covered and the workshop also aims to ensure clients understand the importance of creating and sticking to timelines. Before clients leave they receive a planning file and worksheets that then assist them along the way.
DIY Workshops start from just £75 and clients can choose from a 90 minute introductory session, a three hour in depth workshop or a deluxe workshop with an initial three hour workshop followed by a 90 minute workshop closer to their wedding date. The three hour in depth and the deluxe workshops also include a mini mood board that is delivered to clients following the workshop along with a report of everything discussed.
Here are 5 top tips for the stress free planning of your wedding day:
(1) Decide on your budget and stick to it, allocate a budget to each element and include a 10% contingency for any incidentals that arise
(2) Keep an organised filing system with details on all suppliers booked, deposits paid and when budgets are due by. Get everything in writing from suppliers – it is the only back up you will have should you need it!
(3) Don’t forget to keep your day personal to you both, if you lose the personal touch you could lose the focus of your day
(4) Delegate tasks to the family or look at working with a wedding planner who will take the stress and strain for you
(5) Remember that this is the first day of the rest of your lives, don’t let it take over, make sure you still make time for each other throughout the planning process and enjoy it
Gracefully Yours are offering readers an exciting offer, anyone booking a one to one DIY workshop mentioning Guides for Brides will receive a 10% discount on the Wedding DIY Workshop of their choice. Workshops dates are all subject to availability.
For more details contact Janine or Lindsey at Gracefully Yours Wedding Planners on 01908 508925 or visit the website www.gracefully-yours.co.uk
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles