Planners and Coordinators – what’s the difference?
Almost every hotel with a reasonable number of weddings now employs a wedding coordinator – a member of their regular team who is responsible for liaising with couples before their wedding day, and ensuring things go smoothly on the actual day. As a result, freelance wedding coordinators have begun to brand themselves as wedding “planners” rather than coordinators.
Unlike hotel based coordinators who are there to ensure plans run smoothly for the hotel AND the couple, wedding planners have the couple’s interest as their only priority and will negotiate with your suppliers on your behalf.
- Planners often divide their services into three sections:
- Sourcing venues and suppliers
- Negotiating with suppliers and making arrangements
- Support and attendance on the day
Even if you are getting married in a venue with its own in house wedding coordinator you might choose to employ a wedding planner to source your suppliers and put all of the arrangements in place, handing over to the in house coordinator on the day.
Discover more about wedding planners and coordinators here.
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles