If you are planning a hen party or a romantic break Lucknam certainly has everything to offer you. The spa has only been open since November 2008 and is set in the grounds of this superb Palladian manor house which is Lucknam Park. The décor is contemporary with soft and relaxing shades used throughout and the attention to detail is second to none. The staff were extremely attentive and knowledgeable both in the spa and restaurant and nothing was too much trouble. All round, Lucknam is a fantastic experience
- 20 metre indoor swimming pool
- Indoor and outdoor hydrotherapy pool
- Outdoor salt water plunge pool
- 9 state-of-the-art treatment rooms including 2 deluxe suites and one double treatment room
- Pre-& post-relaxation room with reclining beds
- Thermal cabins featuring Japanese Salt, Amethyst Room, Aromatic Steam, Sauna and Tepidarium
- Changing rooms with additional sauna and steam room in both male and female changing rooms
- Experience showers
- Modern and well equipped fitness suite
- Brasserie, lounge and bar featuring an open kitchen with wood-fired oven
- Hairdressing salon
- Spa boutique
When we entered the electric gates and drove down the long tree lined drive we knew that we were in for a special day. On arriving at the spa we were greeted at Reception and offered the chance to have a coffee and pastry before embarking on our journey of relaxation.
Returning to Reception we were given robes and slippers and a run through of the treatment and lunch times.
As we were not due for lunch until midday we decided to make use of the poolside. Our first experience of the fantastic facilities at Lucknam was the hydrotherapy pool. Initially we sat inside with the warm water bubbling around, but when it stopped we were surprised to see it then start bubbling outside. With the press of a button on the glass divider it started to move and allow us to walk through the water to the outside area. We didn’t even have to get out, get cold and then get back in. What an ingenious idea!
After having lunch in The Brasserie we then began our treatments. The treatment rooms again, had a very new and contemporary feel and included showering facilities for those treatments that needed one. There is even a double room, which would be great for a honeymoon break or with your Mum or a close friend.
The treatments that we experienced were the De-Stress Botanical Oil & Herbal Back Therapy (which included an amazing warm bubbling mask), Soothing Facial and Perfect Hands Treatment Manicures. All of the treatments were expertly performed and no attention to detail was missed.
After the treatments unfortunately it was time to return home, all be it we were incredibly more relaxed than when we arrived.
Overall a great experience and highly recommended.
It's time to relax and breathe...Find a Spa
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Ultimate Guides
- Covid 19
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles