Las Vegas Weddings
For most of us Las Vegas is recognised as Casino central, but with over 100,000 marriage licenses issued every year, Las Vegas is rapidly becoming the wedding capital of the world. With an ‘almost anything goes’ attitude, your imagination is generally your only restriction when it comes to marrying in the infamous ‘sin city’
Imagination aside, there are some legal requirements when marrying in Las Vegas:
- You must both be over 18 – minor applicants ages 16-17 must have consent of a legal parent/guardian.
- You need official photographic ID – we’d suggest a passport or drivers license – Your marriage certificate will be prepared in your legal name exactly as it appears on your identification, so if you’re passionate about including your middle name make sure your chosen ID reflects this.
- You will need to complete a short form – additional forms will be required if you have been previously married.
- You will need to obtain your marriage licenses – both parties must appear in person before a Clerk at a Clark County Marriage Bureau location. The license is issued the same day and you are free to married immediately, there is no ‘cooling off’ period after it has been issued.
- You DO NOT need to be a heterosexual couple – Same sex marriages were legalised in Nevada in 2014 – however you must not be nearer of kin than second cousins and must not have a husband or wife living.
- You do not need to live in the US or have any connections to the US – some foreign countries require a copy of the marriage license and/or an apostille to register a marriage. Check with your local registrar for any special documents needed to ensure your marriage is recognised in your country.
- Whoever performs your ceremony has 10 days to submit documentation – The documentation must be submitted to the Clark County Records office for your marriage to be recorded. Once recorded you can order a certified marriage certificate online.
You can prepare in advance of your Las Vegas wedding and apply for the necessary license and paperwork by completing the pre-application online up to 60 days before you arrive. Once your wedding licensed is issued it’s then valid for you to get married anywhere in Nevada for up to 12 months.
Once all the ‘slightly boring’ but ultimate necessities are taken care of, the fun of planning your Las Vegas wedding can begin. With an amazing choice of styles available from sophisticated luxury to the down right whacky we’ve chosen just a few ideas to give you a taste of what’s available.
Marry alongside a Venetian Canal
The Venetian offers you all the splendor and old world charm of Italy. Choose from a white wedding gondola and be serenaded by a gondolier on the Grand Canal, the Weddings Bridge located within St. Mark’s Square, The Palazzo Waterfall with the lush landscape of an Italian Garden in a stunning outdoor location or in the intimate wedding chapel. The hotel has dedicated planners to assist you in creating your wedding day to make it the most memorable occasion in your life.
Say ‘I do’ with Elvis
A Vegas Wedding surely isn’t a Vegas Wedding without a little Elvis!!
The Gracelands Chapel has been a part of the Las Vegas Strip for over 50 years and is one of the most prominent chapels for a wedding in Las Vegas. The have the ability to webcast your ceremony online so friends and family who are unable to join you in person can still cherish your special day!
A wedding with a view
The Grand Canyon and Fire Valley offers some of the most spectacular scenery and offers a truly amazing backdrop to your Las Vegas wedding. Helicopter tour companies such as Sundance Helicopters can arrange the whole thing for you, including hotel pickup/drop offs, organising your flowers, cake and photographer as well as the important officiant.
Pancake wedding cake anyone?
How about getting married with a side of Mac n’ Cheese or with a Pancake Puppies wedding cake?
In 2013 Denny’s started holding weddings at their in-house wedding chapel on Fremont, which is their flagship Vegas location. With everything from a pancake wedding cake, to ‘We got married at Denny’s’ t-shirts, this venue really does offer everything for the fast food fanatic.
Las Vegas offers just about every thing you could possibly want from a wedding destination venue. Whether you are planning to marry in Vegas with family and friends or whether you are planning a more intimate affair with just you and your partner, it is sure to be a truly memorable experience that you’ll reflect on for many years to come.