In Kenya, you’ll find the best hotels and resorts with lodges and camps to see wildlife, not to be seen anywhere else. Kenya beckons the adventure hunter, with camel racing, fishing and white water rafting, as well as the chance to go swimming in the midst of a group of dolphins.
The Mt. Kenya region offers another holiday option. Go to the turtle conservation park and you will find an entirely different kind of world. The other regions in Kenya like Masai Mara, Tsavo and Lamu are equally charming with a heritage and culture that is so unique and unlike any other.
Enjoy the safari sunset…
Kenya’s different regions experience distinct climates.Generally, the hottest time is in February and March and the coldest in July and August.
The average annual temperatures in the main areas are:
Mombasa (coastal): Max 30ºC, Min 22ºC
Nairobi: Max 25ºC, Min 13ºC
North Plainlands: Max 34ºC, Min 23ºC
Rainfall occurs seasonally throughout most of Kenya. The coast, eastern plateaus, and lake basin experience two rainy seasons:
the “long rains” extends roughly from March to June,
and the “short rains” lasts from approximately October to December.
The highlands of western Kenya have a single rainy season, lasting from March to September.
Bottled water is available and is advised for the first few weeks of the stay. When buying bottled water, check the seal of the bottle is intact. It is advised to have Diphtheria, Hepatitis A, Malaria, Tetanus, Typhoid, Yellow Fever and sometimes Rabies vaccinations.
- Climb Mt. Kenya- 4986m above sea level, the views will take your breath away.
- Hot Air Balloon Safari – Soar above the Masai Mara and get a chance to see wildlife undisturbed from the air.
- Take a Dhow Cruise- Aboard the traditional arab sailing boat, dine in the glistening sunset of the old harbour.
- Experience the culture- Spend a day in the market and cobbled streets of Nairobi and Mobassa
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Ultimate Guides
- Covid 19
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles