Keeping Your Guests Entertained
Looking for some ideas to turn your wedding reception into a really exciting evening, then look no further at these ideas to keep your guests entertained!
- Starting with the younger guests, why not bring in a face painter who can transform the little faces into wonderful animals and patterns.
- Have you thought about amusing the children at your reception with a Piñata – a container often made of papier-mâché, pottery, or cloth; it is decorated, and filled with small toys or candy, or both, and then broken as part of a ceremony or celebration. A great way to keep children amused.
- Did you know that the word Caricature means “loaded portrait”? Having a caricaturist attend a wedding is always a hit. They can give your guests something to take home and hang on the wall at the end of their day. Drawing caricatures is great fun with a technique which exaggerates or pulls the key features of the human face to distort but still being able to retain a likeness.
- Look-a-likes – people who can mingle amongst your guests. A great way to get all your guests talking and adds an element of surprise to any occasion.
- Always a hit with guests is a Magician – get them to circulate around tables between your wedding breakfast, showing off their amazing skills. Most magicians will also get your guests to participate.
- Looking to wow your guests a little more? Why not consider hiring an entire circus and turn your reception into a wedding big top – amazing fun for all ages of guests. Think along the lines of stilt walking, jugglers, fire eaters, acrobats and tightrope walkers!
- If you have some outdoor space to fill, then why not create a cosy area for your guests to sit later in the evening. Provide seating made from hay bales and some fire pits to take the chill off.
- If you have an open space to fill, why not consider hiring a bouncy castle – a sure why to get both adults and children alike to show off their tumbling skills!
- Photo booths are all the rage, but if you are not able to hire one, why not create your own in a corner of a room – have a big box of glasses, hats, wigs and other props and then have a Polaroid camera available for guests to capture all the fun!
- Always a must at a good wedding is music – the choices are virtually endless from discos through to karaoke
- A live band – great fun for all ages to get rocking on the dance floor.
- Jukebox – hire a retro jukebox with a great selection of tunes, and get your guests to choose the tunes for the evening.
- DJ – you can provide a selection of songs to suit all guests and also get your guests to request songs.