Interview with Dodmoor House – TWIA winner of 'Best Wedding Website'
- Tell us a bit about you and your company please?
Dodmoor House is a courtyard of Grade II listed barns near Weedon in Northamptonshire, lovingly renovated and opened in 2006 by owners Mark and Louise Bradley. It now hosts around 120 weddings a year.
- Winning an award must feel good! What does winning ‘The Wedding Industry Awards Best Wedding website’ mean to you and your business?
It feels fantastic! We had an amazing time this year with the Wedding Industry Awards, winning two categories – best wedding venue in England and the best overall wedding website.
We had re-launched our website a year ago so to be chosen as the website winners by Brides for Guides was a tremendous honour. Our website partners, 1PCS, were also delighted as you can imagine!
We wanted to make the website as user-friendly as possible with lots of photos. We make no secret of hiding our prices or available dates (which are shown in an online calendar), which are not clear on other venue websites! We blog regularly and update our Facebook page, which we hope creates a community feeling among our brides and friends, especially with our popular ‘real-life weddings’ feature for couples to take inspiration from.
- Tell us a bit about the actual award you won too please. Were you nominated, did you nominate yourselves, was it an industry only award or voted for by the public?
Our website is our ‘window to the world’, enabling us to let people know how much we care about getting even the smallest details of their wedding right, so it means a huge amount that judges with as much expertise as those at Guides for Brides chose Dodmoor House as the overall wedding website winner.
The ‘best wedding venue’ prize was, meanwhile, initially voted for by the couples who had been married here in the previous year – 115 of them in total! There were some incredibly touching comments left by them for the judges to read and it means so much to hear that they felt their wedding was the only one that ever mattered to us.
- What trends do you see coming through this year for weddings and the bridal industry?
Ever since we opened in 2006, we find that couples look for a venue that offers flexibility, so that they can choose their own suppliers (including caterers) to create a very individual day. We never compromise on this commitment and we also assist a huge amount in the preparation of the big day, which lots of couples love. We aim to deliver a special day with a lifetime of memories every time.
- Do you have any big plans for your business this year that you want to share with us?
Above all, we want to ensure that winning two national awards doesn’t go to anyone’s heads (!) and that we continue to maintain and improve our high standards of customer service. We always look for ways to refresh the venue, so that it looks brand new for every couple who get married here.
Looking for your perfect wedding venue?Find a Venue
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Ultimate Guides
- Covid 19
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles