Interview with Berinmade – winner of TWIA ‘Best Newcomer’
• Tell us a bit about you and your company please?
I’m Erin, the illustrator and founder of BerinMade Illustrated Paper Goods. BerinMade is founded upon a love of whimsical illustrations and finely-crafted lettering.
My wedding collection celebrates fun-loving creativity and a feminine aesthetic for the spirited bridal couple, from Save the Dates to On-the-day accessories such as menus and escort cards.
I also do a lot of DIY tutorials and write regularly well known bridal blogs, as well as DIY wedding stamps for my clients who love a personal touch on their stationery! Besides Weddings, we also have a collection of greeting cards, social stationery and prints for the home.
• Winning an award must feel good! What does winning ‘The Wedding Industry Awards Best Newcomer’ mean to you and your business?
Yes it does! Winning the Best Newcomer award this year was a big deal for us. We were really humbled as it was a nationwide award which included all the categories across the industry so there was a real mix of really talented folks there who we knew could have won too. I think the real staggering moment was when I realised that I had such a strong endorsement of my past clients who gave me very high voting scores (reading their comments brought tears to my eyes!), it was a great feeling to know that I’m doing it right.
For us as a business, it means we really have the encouragement and boost we needed to push forward. We have such big dreams for 2013 so it’s so exciting to know that so many people believe in us.
• Tell us a bit about the actual award you won too please. Were you nominated, did you nominate yourselves, was it an industry only award or voted for by the public?
The Best Newcomer award takes into account the hundreds of businesses started all over the country in the past year, shortlists 30 for the night of the ceremony and announces one winner on the night!
The first stage of the award is voted for exclusively by clients, where they give extensive feedback on the quality of the service and product from their experience from me. Thereafter we were assessed by the panel of judges.
• What trends do you see coming through this year for weddings and the bridal industry?
I see that brides are becoming ever more discerning as the market is expanding and taking in independent artists and businesses. This is great because it means that each couple can have their own personal style without worrying about fitting into any preconceived idea of “brides” and “weddings”, rules and traditions.
In terms of trends for paper goods, I can see that the popular metallic foil blocking will continue to do well into this year as brides love to bring a touch of gold sparkle onto their paper goods.
Typography is also growing in popularity, particularly hand-lettering (which is what I love).
• Do you have any big plans for your business this year that you want to share with us?
We are looking to launch a brand new website incorporating a check-out system so that the buying process becomes easier, as well as a brand new template range for brides who are short on time and budget, but would still love something in our signature style. The best way to keep your eyes peeled would be to follow us on Twitter (@BerinMade) or Facebook! (www.facebook.com/berinmade).
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles