How to win a “Best Wedding Website” Award
Guides for Brides are the lucky judges of the TWIA’s “Best Wedding Website” category. Building and developing a website is a challenging process and takes a lot of hard work. Here is a sneak preview of what we will be looking for, and why.
- Websites should be mobile responsive. Since April 21st 2015 Google has penalised sites that aren’t mobile friendly. More than 70% of brides use a mobile for their wedding planning.
- No auto-playing music or videos. Brides may get annoyed by music or videos which repeatedly play every time they visit the site.
- Keep it specialised. If you offer numerous services, have a web page dedicated specifically to weddings. Brides should be able to tell within 10 seconds whether you can offer what they are looking for.
- Make it easy for brides to complete their task. They have come to your site for a specific reason. Know what it is likely to be and show them how to complete their task quickly and easily.
- Incorporate video, ideally in the centre of the home page. 65% of brides are “visual learners” and want to know about what you offer by watching a video, not reading text. Videos can double your conversion rate.
- Be warm, inviting and friendly. Help brides fall in love with the story behind your business. Emotion, not facts, lead to decisions.
- Be consistent with branding. Your website and social media channels should all have the same look and feel.
- Include “social proof’ in the form of testimonials or links to websites showing third party reviews. Brides aren’t just looking to see what people are saying, they are looking to see that others have used you for their wedding.
- Own your domain name and use the same domain name for email. Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail email addresses are the equivalent of a PO Box and suggests that you don’t plan to be in business long.
- Follow the rules on information that must be displayed by law on your website, including the recent cookie laws.
Following these simple guidelines will ensure your website is not just search engine friendly, but user friendly too, and even if your site doesn’t win awards, it will win extra customers.
Find a supplier
You may also like
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Ultimate Guides
- Covid 19
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles