How to Plan Your Wedding Planning!
Not sure where to start planning your wedding? We spoke to JS Events to find out the best way to tackle planning your perfect day!
We all know that getting engaged is one of the best days of a couple’s lives, filled with excitement. However I am sure that everyone can also agree, that it comes with a fair amount of stress, pressure and a lot of decisions that need to be made as couples try to navigate planning a wedding and possibly holding down full-time jobs. If I could give one piece of advice to couples, it would be that it is your day, so enjoy it!
In order to ensure that your day is stress-free, I suggest that you plan, plan, plan, and plan some more! Also, remember that you are a team, discuss what you both want, and plan based on those ideas.
So when and what do you need to think about?
12 – 18 months prior: Start with the big things!
- What: What theme/style wedding do you want? Do you want an elegant manor house wedding or a rustic marquee wedding? Think about the type of ceremony you want within this. Remember it’s your choice!
- Where: Where do you want to get married and at what venue? Do you want a wedding in your home town or do you want a destination wedding?
- When: When do you want to get married? Do you want a summer or winter wedding?
- How: What is your budget? This is key, decide it with your partner and stick to it! Easier said than done, I know!
- Who: Who do you want to invite and how many people do you want to attend? Remember each invite comes at a cost so think carefully. Don’t invite people because you feel like you ‘have to’!
6 – 12 months prior: Get into the detail!
- Suppliers: Select your final suppliers; caterers, florists, entertainment, photographers, etc. Remember, good suppliers get booked up fast. So, in order to get your first choice, you need to get in there early!
- Insurance: Make sure you secure wedding insurance. It may seem like an unnecessary expense but it may be your saviour!
- Save the Dates: Ideally, these should be sent out 12 months prior to the wedding. You want your guest to be free!
- The Dress: Possibly one of the most exciting times for the bride! Dresses take 3 – 4 months to be made and alterations can take 6 – 8 weeks, so start looking early.
1 – 6 months prior: It’s all in the detail!
- Bridesmaids/Ushers: Start shopping, get their outfit’s sorted and wedding ready!
- Rings: Enjoy a couples day and buy your rings.
- Ceremony: Finalise your order of service.
- Invitations: Traditionally, invites are sent out 3 months prior to the day.
- Table Plan: Create your table plan – remember it’s your day so try not to stress about it, it will change several times!
- Wedding Dress: Final fitting! Avoid a last-minute crash diet. Your dress is fitted perfectly to the size you are on your final fitting, so this is how it will look best. Rather than a crash diet, try and maintain the same weight, however tempted you are!
0 – 1 month prior: The Final Countdown!
- Confirm: Confirm final timings and movements with each supplier. The best way to do this is to create an itinerary of the day with everyone’s movements which can be sent to each supplier easily.
- Sit Back and Relax: Once you have sent over the final details, enjoy the build-up to your wedding!
More About JS Events
Jennifer Staniforth at JS Events is a fabulous wedding planner who loves to help couples plan their dream day. Whether you need a second pair of hands to help keep everything under control on the day or someone who can help you plan your entire wedding, JS Events is a perfect choice.
JS Events helps couples all over the UK to plan their weddings and offers the following services:
- Full Wedding Planning: planning support from a professional wedding planner from the very start of your wedding planning journey.
- Partial Wedding Planning: planning support from a part-time basis; simply reach out whenever you need assistance.
- On-The-Day Coordination: an expert to help you coordinate the run-up to your wedding and the day itself, so you can sit back, relax and take it all in.
- Destination Wedding Planning: wedding planning help and support for those wanting to get married abroad.
Weddings should be the best day of the couple’s life, so enjoy it! Of course, if you want some advice on wedding planning, please contact JS Events as we would love to be part of your big day!
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Ultimate Guides
- Covid 19
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles