How to choose the perfect wedding hat
Finding the perfect wedding hat is essential – imagine all those photographs you’re going to be in! We’ve been chatting to Katherine Elizabeth Hats to find out everything you need to know, whether you’re the Mother of the Bride or a wedding guest.
Image credit: Katherine Elizabeth Millinery
Let’s face it, you’re one of the most important people at the wedding and will be mingling with guests all day long. This means that you should avoid the traditional crown and brim unless it sweeps up at the front – you don’t want your face covered whilst chatting. The crown and brim style also tends to cast shadows which you want to avoid for those all important wedding photos. Why not opt for a headpiece or cocktail hat; ensure to wear your hat on a slant as this is always the most flattering.
Your hat or headpiece should always reflect the occasion and your outfit. We suggest a boxed headpiece or an upturned brim if your outfit is very formal. However, many weddings are becoming more laid-back recently, so a relaxing headpiece in bright colours or soft pinks would be perfect to match any summer dress. If you’re attending a boho styled wedding why not add fresh flowers to compliment the occasion?
Choosing the right hat to compliment your face shape
- Round – choose a style that is architectural or angular and wear something on a slant; stay clear of round hats.
- Square – soften your look with a round hat that has softer features like feathers.
- Long – avoid tall hats and opt for an angular headpiece that cuts across the face.
If you decide to visit a milliner, ensure you choose your outfit first – they will take this into consideration as well as your face shape and personality.
Follow these tips and your hat will be sure to complete the look but not overpower your outfit or personality.
Looking for the dress?Find a Bridal Boutique
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Ultimate Guides
- Covid 19
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles