Hotel 1000, Seattle – review
Voted Seattle Bride Magazine’s best place for your wedding night, Hotel 1000 is one of Seattle’s most luxurious hotels.
Situated a block from the waterfront and between Pioneer Square and Pike Place Market it is well positioned for sight seeing, restaurants and shopping, with a complimentary car available to take you further afield if needed.
This luxury hotel group also includes Sorrento, a city centre hotel with a more traditional feel, and Willows Lodge just outside Seattle.
- 126 beautiful rooms with stunning glass walled bathrooms featuring free-standing two-person bathtubs which fill from the ceiling.
- Luxurious Grand Suite featuring a double sided fireplace, plus several smaller suites.
- The excellent Boka restaurant serving fresh original American cuisine.
- The hotel’s has a luxury spa, Spaahh, offering a full range of treatments in a peaceful environment.
- Virtual golf course and giant interactive Xbox gaming screen.
- Well equipped fitness centre and sauna.
- Lounge with Microsoft games table and huge fire table plus a more intimate “library” lounge upstairs.
The perfect place to stay when you first arrive in Seattle, this service-focused hotel quietly looks after every need you may have and we couldn’t fault it as a honeymoon location.
If the total black-out curtains and sound proofing don’t guarantee a quick recovery from jet lag, there is a virtual golf course in the 24 hour fitness area, perfect for early risers looking to play one of 50 championship courses before breakfast. Indeed breakfast can be served on the ” golf course” from the extensive room service menu.
The ingenious minibar almost takes service a step too far; ordering replacement items 30 seconds after an item is removed.
The staff were, without exception, cheerful and helpful and nothing was too much trouble to the concierge who not only recommended and reserved a restaurant for us, but arranged a special waterside table and VIP treatment.
With a ‘farm to table’ philosophy, every dish on Boka’s menu includes notes on where the main ingredient was sourced. Highlights include local delights such as Skagit River Ranch Pork Tenderloin using field raised organic pork, served with fried yams, green papaya and mint salad, with green curry sauce.
The Boka Fries – seasoned with truffle oil and truffle salt – are a local favourite, and even if you don’t stay at this great hotel, be sure to stop for a few minutes to try the fries and watch the world walk past.
Hotel 1000 has a floor entirely set aside for weddings and other functions. There are several rooms to choose from for your ceremony and reception including a delightful library and a large room with a huge flat screen television – perfect for keeping younger guests occupied.
The function area also has a large outside patio area which can be fully enclosed so that you can enjoy the Seattle weather 12 months of the year.
If you are planning a wedding here, don’t forget that Hotel 1000 was voted best place to spend your wedding night!
1000 First Avenue
Tel: 001 206 957 1000
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles