Honeymoon Ideas and Reviews for Singapore
If you are planning a honeymoon in Australia, New Zealand or Asia there is a lot to be said for a few days stop-over in Singapore on the way. The standards of hotels in Singapore are luxuriously high, with prices competitive year round, particularly when compared to London hotels. The hotels tend to be geared towards business travellers; the most luxurious suites being described as “Presidential” rather than “Honeymoon”, so don’t expect four poster beds and scattered rose petals. You can, however, expect clean, modern, luxurious rooms, excellent restaurants, bars and swimming pools and the highest levels of service that Asia is well known for.
Singapore is well known for its shopping, with some of the malls open 24 hours a day. Prices are similar to the UK, which can be a disappointment for visitors, and this is not the place to look for a fake Rolex – copyright laws are taken very seriously. Despite the large number of visitors and ex-patriots, the majority of the clothing shops are geared towards the Asian market, with choice limited for anyone above a size 8!
Singapore has a lovely tropical rainforest climate with temperatures ranging between 23°C and 32°C. The hottest months are April and May, with a fairly constant humidity throughout the year at 75%. With the arrival of November comes the arrival of the monsoons which continue until the end of January.
• Singapore Flyer- The world tallest observation tower giving you a 360° panoramic view of the stunning skyline of singapore
• Orchard Road- The bustling shopping district of Singapore, orchard road, is full of high end designers, gourmet restaurants and cinemas.
• Sentosa Beaches- An essential part of your honeymoon is relaxing on a secluded beach with your new other half. The Tajong beach comes highly recommend for the romantic pair.
• Marina Bay Sands- A stunning piece of architecture and design, this highflying hotel has a casino and collection of unique restaurants . It is a hot spot in Singapore where everybody is out for a good time, while relaxing in luxury and style.
• Travel by Cable Car- Take the leap of faith and travel across the 2km cable car track to sentoasa Island while enjoying the stunning backdrop of the city.
The Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa
Anyone looking for a honeymoon destination will be tempted by the Rasa Sentosa’s beach and large, open form tropical swimming pool; both a rarity in Singapore. This is a large resort hotel, with an excellent spa and a good restaurant offering A La Carte as well as an extensive international buffet for every meal, and is perfect for couples wanting a couple of days relaxation and to avoid the main city of Singapore, in a great all round resort hotel. For a full review click here.
Royal Plaza on Scotts
With their motto “What can we do for you?” it is no wonder that guests at Royal Plaza on Scotts feel cherished.
Designed primarily as a business hotel, attention to detail is very high and the staff can’t do more to help you. With its location at the north end of the main shopping district of Orchard Road and a two minute walk to the nearest MRT station, this hotel is very well located for shopping. For a full review, click here.
The Mandarin Oriental
An obvious choice for honeymooners, this impressive 5 star hotel is in the very heart of the culture area of Singapore and opposite the Esplanade Theatre. 100 yards away is an almost identical hotel, The Marina Mandarin. If you are looking for a place to relax in style the Mandarin Oriental is an excellent choice. For a full review, click here.
Experience the unique cuisine…