Honeymoon Ideas and Reviews for New York
The City of New York is like no other city in the world. It is the most populated city in the whole of America, and the city centre is the most populated metropolitan area in the world. Named ‘The City of New York’ or ‘New York City’ to differentiate it from The State of New York, the city covers 1, 213.4km2 in total. The heart of New York is ‘The Island of Manhattan’ which is surrounded by four distinct boroughs called Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island, each with a distinct character.
New York City is a global power city as centres of finance, media, fashion, technology and entertainment. New York city manages to be beautiful on every scale, from the unique bistro restaurant on the corner of 51st street to the dramatic skylines which make up this unique metropolis.
New York can be visited at anytime of the year and is excellent throughout. Spring and autumn have a most manageable temperatures with an average of 21C, whilst summer can be hot and muggy, even as it heads into early September. The winter weather is fairly unpredictable, with the possibility of heavy snow and plummeting temperatures.
The suggested itinerary for New York cannot be summed up in a few sentences. Regardless of what type of couple you are, you will find something to do and see which you will enjoy. Here are a few ideas of iconic places to vist and fun activities to do.
- Take a romantic stroll through central park in the leafy sunshine.
- Climb the Empire State Building to be blown away by the breath taking views.
- Reach the top of the Rockefeller to take a glance at the Empire State Building from the sky, or stick at ground level and go ice skating in their famous winter ice rink.
- Take a ferry ride around the Statue of Liberty.
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles