Honeymoon Ideas and Review for The Galapagos Islands
Photo Credit: Pinterest
As Charles Darwin’s inspiration for the theory of evolution, these remote islands are globally unique. They are located on the equator1000km of the western coast of Ecuador in South America. The human impact on the islands has been kept to a minimum through protection schemes that have been put in place and hence their unique beauty has been maintained. The are 13 large islands and 6 smaller islands, the most well known being Isla Bartolome, Isla Fernandina and Isla San Cristobel. The extreme diversity and remote location of theses islands make the perfect honeymoon spot for the adventurous couple looking to escape everyday life.
The weather in the Galapagos Islands is highly changeable at any point. One moment it may be bright sunshine, the next it is heavy amazonian rainfall. The coastal regions are generally warmer with heavy rainfall, however as you go onto high land the temperature quickly falls. The average temperature between December and May is 27C, June and September is 17C and between October and December is 20C.
Photo Credit: Pinterest
There are no direct international flights to The Galapagos Islands. To travel to the islands you can take a flight to Ecuador and then fly on from there to the Islands. This is a means to control the travel to the Islands to minimise damage to the natural enviroment and biodiversity of the region.
- Snorkel with sharks, rays and tropical fish.
- Meet lonesome George, the last remaining Giant Tortoise.
- Sea kayak with marine tortoises
- Swim with penguins and Sea Lions
- Mountain Bike and Horse ride into the mountains to get up close to rare animals
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Your Wedding Day
- Other Articles