Have a ‘booth-tiful’ wedding!
The first photo booth was recorded in 1888, by a French inventor. It wasn’t built professionally, nor was it built to be a worldwide phenomenon. But regardless of what is was build for, it has recorded tiny fragments of peoples lives, over the last 120 years, which would otherwise have been lost. Now the common photo booth is becoming one of the most popular features of the modern wedding. They create an opportunity for your guests to let their hair down and give you some photography that will really remind you of your wedding.
If you are thinking about having a photo booth at your wedding here are 5 top tips to make it extra special:
1. Beautiful Black and White – black and white photos are more flattering for EVERYBODY and can give your photos a running theme throughout the night. Even if you don’t have them taken in black and white, it is worth considering having them edited. Black and white will give them the timeless edge you are looking for.
2. Be Brave with your printing– even if you are the traditional type, printing every photo off in 6″x4″ is good for archiving your wedding photos, but is not always the best way to display them. Consider creating a checkerboard effect or having them printed in a column as if straight from a photo booth.
3. Make it fancy with fancy dress- add some comedy to your photos by leaving a box of fancy dress items outside the booth. Whether they are angel wings or giant sunglasses- you won’t regret it when you look through the photos!
4. Encourage everybody to have a go- from the youngest flower girls to the oldest great grandad, make sure everybody has a go in the booth! You could display them in a visitors book to remind you of your guests in years to come!
5. Send your guests their photo- with your thank you card, why not enclose their photo from the booth? Not only is it an inexpensive but effective presentation, but it will be a great memoir for your wedding.
There is now a new type of photography emerging! When we met up with Papzt at the National Wedding Show, we loved their twist on the traditional photo booth- by having a large touchscreen and camera, you can take, edit and upload your photos on the spot!
And if you think that’s cool, wait until you see the brand new groovy camper from Groovybooth – a fully featured groovybooth built into a mini camper van! Great to park alongside a marquee and absolutely perfect for that summer beach wedding.
Browse Guides for Brides on Pinterest, and view our board for photobooths.
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles