Green & Eco-Friendly Weddings – 5 ways you can achieve this
You can achieve a memorable, unique and stylish wedding without over-spending or literally costing the earth. Eco-Friendly wedding can take many shapes and forms and could be a great way of giving your wedding personality.
Here are five ways you can achieve a green & eco-friendly wedding…
1) Have your wedding outside. You will avoid the cost of lighting and your photos will look fantastic with natural lighting (obviously better suited to the warmer months!). If this is not possible, try choosing a venue with great natural lighting – less electrical lighting will be needed.
2) Source your materials locally – use our search tool with GPS tracker to see which suppliers are nearest you and your venue so that you can eliminate extra transportation costs. Similarly, if you can find a venue that can host both the ceremony and reception you can cut out transport between the two!
3) Get creative with your transportation – why not try a horse drawn carriage or even a bicycle!
4) Don’t throw confetti, throw rose petals! Confetti makes a lot of mess and is an annoyance to clear up. Why not be different and throw re-used dried petals?
5) Instead of wedding gifts, why not ask guests to donate to charity? We wrote about this here: /wedding-ideas/charity-gift-lists
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Ultimate Guides
- Covid 19
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles