Gift ideas for your bridesmaids and groomsmen
It’s a lovely idea to give your bridesmaids and groomsmen a little token of your appreciation for the day, but if you’re stuck for gift ideas, here are some of our favourite suggestions…
- Jewellery. This is always a popular choice of gift on the wedding morning, as it means that your girls can wear their gifts as part of their bridesmaid ensemble. We recommend getting something you know they’re likely to wear again – why not include their individual birthstones, or personalise them with their initials? We also love the idea of a knot or infinity symbol to represent you tying the knot, or a high-end friendship bracelet in silver or gold.
- Dressing gowns. A pretty floral or satin dressing gown is a great bridesmaid gift, as you can all wear them as you get ready together in the morning.
- Personalised bags. Whether it’s a tote bag, a makeup bag or a cute clutch, bags are always a useful present, and you can easily add personalisation by adding their names or initials or buy them in their favourite colours. You can even go the extra mile and fill them with goodies like champagne or sweets.
- Photo frames. These are both heartfelt and practical! Gift each girl an engraved photo frame with your favourite photo of the two of you and she’ll treasure it forever.
- Little extras. A box or bags of little gifts can be just as appreciated as a larger single present! We like ideas such as compact mirrors, candles, keyrings, bath bombs and mugs.
- Cufflinks. The classic groomsmen gift is cufflinks, as they come in very handy on the day but can easily be reworn for events after the day. Why not pick cufflinks to match your wedding theme, or engraved with your wedding date?
- Pocket watches. This can easily turn into a gift that blows the budget, so you may want to reserve it for best men only, but a pocket watch is a thoughtful heirloom piece that dapper groomsmen are sure to enjoy.
- Hip flasks. This is a classic gift that makes for a great photo opportunity! They’re easily engraved with phrases, initials or dates, and you can always include miniatures of each guy’s favourite drink.
- Socks. Another gift they can wear on the day, why not get your men socks that match your colour scheme with their wedding role on them (i.e. father of the bride, best man, usher).
- Engraved glasses. Engraved tankards or glasses are a good option for groomsmen who like a drink (practically all of them, then!).
Still searching? Take a look at your local wedding gift suppliers here!