Getting Married at Eynsham Hall, Oxfordshire
Eynsham Hall is a magnificent grade II listed mansion just a few miles from the centre of Oxford, on the edge of the stunning Cotswolds, making this one of the top choices for Oxfordshire wedding venues.
A grand driveway leads to the impressive Jacobean-style mansion and the ornate terrace gardens within the 3000 acre estate provides an impressive backdrop for wedding photographs.
There are a variety of reception rooms to choose from with beautiful period features and oak carvings. All the rooms are on a grand scale with character and individuality, ornate plaster ceilings, large cotswold stone picture windows and oak-panelling.
Eynsham Hall caters for weddings of around 40 to 200 guests, or marquees can be arranged on the lawn for larger summer weddings.
What we love about Eynsham Hall:
- Very picturesque setting
- Grand ornately decorated reception rooms
- Play croquet and giant jenga on the lawn
- Fountains and formal Champagne terrace
- Plenty of guest accommodation on site
The average cost for a wedding at Eynsham Hall (80 guests) is £10,000: including civil ceremony room hire, a sit down meal and evening buffet.
Catering and Wine
Catering is all provided in house and there is a great selection of menus which cater for all tastes. Reception drinks and wine for the meal are provided within the package and there is a private wedding bar that can be opened as required.
Choosing your photographer
Such a picturesque venue attracts the top photographers from the local area. There are ample photo opportunities outside and if the weather is wet, plenty of opportunities to set up formal and relaxed shots inside, including on the grand staircase.
- David Bostock – prices from £1900-2750
- Rob Wheal – prices from £1500-£2350
- Neil Hanson – prices from £1000-£1700
- Julia Evans – prices from £850-£1600
Choosing your wedding cake
The grand reception rooms of Eynsham Hall calls for a formal tiered wedding cake and there are a number of artisan cake makers locally supplying traditional English rich fruit cakes or the more popular sponge cakes, as well as the French wedding cake “croquembouche”.
- Little Cow Creative Cakes – the average cost for a four tier cake is £450
- Fancy That – the average cost of a croquembouche is £450
Choosing your flowers
Most of the reception rooms have bold but traditional colour schemes; deep reds, greens and plenty of dark oak panelling, which forms a perfect backdrop for a magnificent floral display. When choosing the flowers, traditional, neutral colours work best.
- Classic Flowers, Witney – average pedestal is £150, average bridal bouquet is £95
- Fabulous Flowers – average pedestal is £250, average bridal bouquet is £80
- Balloon Lady – average pedestal is £85, average bridal bouquet is £85
Choosing your music and entertainment
Guests enter through a large oak panelled hall with great acoustics. Arrange for a harpist or string quartet to entertain guests as they arrive and during the drinks reception.
As there is plenty of space it is a great venue for a magician to move around amongst your guests. For summer weddings, arrange for outside games and croquet to be set up on the lawns.
If you have guests of different ages there is the option to set up an evening disco in a different room, and a crèche can be provided for younger guests.
- Orange Discos – average disco is £350
- Fusion Entertainment – average disco is £395
- Busy Living – from £350, depending on time and amount of children
Peter York has been proud to be Eynsham Hall’s Master of Ceremonies for many years for those couples wanting to add a touch of English tradition and etiquette to their day. Peter can be booked via Eynsham’s wedding coordinator.
Thinking about staying?
With many rooms overlooking the extensive and stunning grounds, you will wake up surrounded by the beautiful English countryside. From traditional rooms located in the Main Hall, to quality study bedrooms in the Court, Lodge or Cottage buildings, there is a large array of choice. For you and your groom, the bridal suite will not disappoint. Recently refurbished to a very high standard, the suite provides the perfect luxury setting for you to relax after your big day.
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Your Wedding Day
- Other Articles