Honeymoon at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
A jewel in the crown of the Laguna Resort development, with a central location and long sandy beach. The resort has a large free-form pool, cleverly designed to encourage children to use one end without making them feel excluded from the main pool. Sun loungers are plentiful, both around the pool, on the beach and on the shady lawns leading to the beach. Activities are plentiful and reasonably priced, ranging from scuba diving courses to batik painting, Thai cookery and yoga. There is a good choice of restaurants, including the exceptional Ruen Thai offering the very best in Thai cuisine.
There is a choice of three types of accommodation, with prices within each room type varying depending on position and view:
- Deluxe – All you would expect of a 5* hotels. Large windows and mirrors further enhance these clean, bright rooms.
- Club – Aimed towards the business traveller, but also very well suited to couples looking for a little bit more space and a lot of extra touches – see below.
- Pool Villas – The only accommodation with space for more than two guests, and with their own private pool.
We stayed in a Pool Villa, and we could not recommend it highly enough. The lower floor of the villa consisted of two large bed rooms, one with a king sized bed, the other with two large double beds, and both rooms have their own luxurious glass panelled en-suite bathroom, private patio, mini-bar and TV. Upstairs is a fully equipped kitchen, large open plan dining room and living room with a widescreen TV. On the roof there is a large patio with table, chairs, sun loungers and even a palm tree, and a private pool overlooking either the Andaman Sea or the lagoon.
If you are amongst the increasing number of couples who have children coming on honeymoon with them the Pool Villa is particularly well suited, and the lids club and numerous activities keep the children sufficiently occupied to ensure some time for just the two of you. With 24 hour service from a dedicated team of butlers and such a luxurious base, if you stay in one of these villas you run the risk of not leaving it for your entire honeymoon.
If your budget will not stretch to a Pool Villa we would recommend a Dusit Club Room which include many of the great features of the Pool Villa but in a luxuriously appointed hotel-style room.
Features of the Dusit Club Room include:
• Extended patio with a panoramic view of the horizon
• Separate shower and bath area
• Big screen plasma TV
• Large desk with free internet connection
• A sunny alcove sitting area
• Exclusive breakfast in La Trattoria restaurant
• Complimentary pre-dinner drink
• Complimentary afternoon tea on your own patio
• Mini-bar with complimentary soft drinks
• Butler service for un-packing, ironing, shoe-shining and taxi / flight bookings
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
390 Srisoontorn Road
+66 (0) 7636 2999
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Your Wedding Day
- Other Articles