Cyprus – the perfect destination for wedding romance!
Known as the birthplace of Aphrodite, Cyprus definitely does the goddess of love and beauty justice with its distinctive air of romance. With friendly locals, crystal clear waters, an attractive all year round climate and an array of venues to suit all individuals – Cyprus is a hidden gem. Here’s 5 reasons why Cyprus is proving an increasingly popular wedding destination:
- Romance – Petra tou Romiou (Aphrodite’s Birthplace) was voted one of the top 10 most romantic places in the world by the Lonely Planet 2011.
- Something New – The island offers an array of unique opportunities, making every wedding unforgettable. With water-sports, horse riding and golf as popular island activities – why not get your guests on the banana boat!
- Convenience and Cost – With a flight time of 4- 5 hours from the UK, Cyprus isn’t too far to take your guests! Flights from the UK are direct and not too costly.
- Church Vs.Yacht – With an array of quaint chapels and churches, there are many traditional ceremony options. For those seeking something different, why not consider a vineyard, castle, beach or yacht!
- Sun, sun sun – with guaranteed sunshine for over 300 days a year, you don’t have to worry about the unpredictable British weather on your big day!
For those seeking a private venue, you’ll find Vasilias Nikoklis Inn nested away near the idyllic town of Nikoklia. Overlooking the stunning scenery of Troodos mountains, the venue boasts a courtyard, swimming pool and spectacular vineyards.
Find a supplier
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles