Confirming your wedding day transport
Your wedding day is coming up fast, and it’s time to confirm logistics when it comes to your wedding day transport. It may seem like a boring job, but it will save you a headache in the long run! Here’s what you’ll need to confirm…
- Confirm where you’ll be getting ready on the morning of the wedding, and how much transport you’ll need to the wedding ceremony venue. You may have a car sorted for the all-important bride and father trip, but you don’t want to leave your bridesmaids and any other family members stranded and frantically booking taxis!
- Make a clear list of pick-up and drop-off times, and addresses with postcodes, and distribute to everyone as necessary. We recommend giving a list to all wedding transportation suppliers, including any shuttle buses hired for guests, as well as your wedding co-ordinator, and key members of the bridal party.
- If you’ve hired a car, double-check the exact model that you can expect to pick you up on the day (often it may be different), and confirm how long you’ll have it for. Ask if they provide any decoration, such as ribbons or flowers.
- If you’re hired buses to transport guests, be sure that they can actually drive the route! Plenty of country wedding venues are down small lanes or dirt tracks, which may not be appropriate for large vehicles such as buses.
- Confirm the parking situation with your wedding venue ahead of time, so that any guests parking at the venue will know exactly where they’re going, how long they can leave their car there and if there are any charges involved.
- Keep an eye out for anything that may delay your transport on the day, such as roadworks, road closures and large sporting or music events that may disrupt your regular route.
- Provide a list of local reputable taxi companies to your guests in advance, especially if they’re not from the area so that they can arrange their own transportation back to their accommodation.
Do you have your wedding day transport booked? Find a local supplier here!