Confirming plans with your venue
The big day is fast approaching, and it’s time to confirm details with your wedding venue! Here’s our handy checklist so you can be sure you haven’t forgotten a thing…
- Confirm catering numbers, including meals for suppliers such as photographers, children’s meals and any dietary requirements. Do this at least two weeks before the day, so that your catering team can prepare.
- If you’re having a sit-down wedding breakfast, your wedding venue may want to see your table plan so that they know where to serve each meal, and where any guests with special diets are seated.
- Once you know how many guests are attending the wedding breakfast, you’ll need to confirm table set-up, i.e. how many tables you’ll need and how they should be arranged. Discuss whether linens, crockery and glassware are included.
- If you’re having a bar at the wedding, check the prices, and whether guests can use both cash and card. Confirm whether you’re intending to place any money behind the bar, and what should be done with any leftover table wine.
- Confirm timings, including check-in and check-out times for accommodation, when you’ll be able to arrive on-site, and when suppliers like florists, caterers and bands should arrive. You’ll also need to confirm the end time, and when things will need to be cleared out of your venue. Do you need to remove everything on the night, or can you return to the venue the next day to clear away?
- Ensure you know exactly how much your final payment is, and when you’re expected to pay it. Ask if there are any extra charges, such as cleaning fees.
- If your accommodation is on-site, you’ll need to let your venue know how many rooms you’ll need for your guests. This should include your honeymoon suite. If you’ve block-booked accommodation in advance, you’ll have to discuss any leftover rooms to see if these can be booked out to other guests, or whether you’re liable to pay the cost.
- Be sure you know what’s available in terms of the sound system, including microphones for speeches. Check what equipment is available for your band or DJ.
- Confirm how many car parking spaces are available to you. Also confirm how long both you and your guests will be able to leave your cars there for.
- Check whether you’re allowed confetti on the day and if there are any restrictions on the types allowed.
- See if there’s a secure room where wedding gifts can be stored until you collect them.
- Confirm which decorations will be on the tables. Often the wedding co-ordinator will be setting out your decor for you, so you will have to confirm which decorations go where. Leave written instructions if necessary.
- Send over a list of your wedding suppliers’ contact details, so that your wedding venue can get hold of them in case of emergency or delay.
- If you have a wedding planner, most of these details can be confirmed by them.
Still on the hunt for your dream venue? Find wedding suppliers in your local area online.
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles