Confetti, cake boxes and cameras – last-minute wedding supplies
The big day is fast approaching, and this is the time to make sure you have all the last-minute supplies that make a day run smoothly! Here’s a handy checklist for you to tick off…
- Confetti and cones – Whether you choose paper or petals, you’ll need to make sure you have enough for your guests. Confetti suppliers recommend around 5 litres of confetti (aka around 60 handfuls) for a wedding with 100 guests, as not everyone will throw. Be sure to check with your venue what kind of confetti they allow, and buy enough cones and bags to display the confetti in. See more info on confetti here.
- Flower basket – If you’re having a flower girl on the big day, be sure you have a flower basket for them to carry their petals in.
- Ring pillow – Similarly, you may want to purchase a ring pillow for your best man or page boy, depending on who your ring bearer is on the day.
- Gifts for the wedding party and parents – We have plenty of suggestions for gifts for your wedding party, but don’t forget to get flowers for the mothers on the day, and presents for fathers if you like.
- Guestbook and guestbook pens – You may have remembered the guestbook, but have you remembered the guestbook pens? Be sure to provide back-ups in case they run out! See more alternative guestbook ideas here.
- Card box – Your guests will need somewhere to leave cards and presents on the day. Organise a table or room with your venue, and make sure that you have a nice card box for guests to drop their cards into. We like the post box designs, bird cages and personalised wooden crates.
- Disposable cameras – For a fun wedding extra, why not place disposable cameras on each of the tables and encourage your guests to take photos? You can get a discount if you buy cameras in bulk.
- Cake boxes and cake knife – Check with your venue to see if they provide cake accessories such as the cake stand or knife, and pick them up if they’re not supplied. You may also want to pick up cake boxes for your guests to take home slices of cake.
- Signs – A massive wedding trend in the world of weddings at the moment is signs! Whether it’s signs directing people to the venue, telling guests your wedding hashtag, or highlighting the bar, photobooth or buffet, signs are a great last-minute addition to your decor.
- Flip-flops – If the budget stretches to it, it’s a nice idea to provide a basket of flip-flops in different sizes for female guests to wear if their heels are getting too much!
- Bathroom baskets – Depending on what your venue provides in their bathrooms, bathroom baskets can be a lovely way to take care of your guests. In the ladies’ bathroom, things such as hairspray, dry shampoo, deodorant, mouthwash, blister plasters and body spray can be very welcome. For the men’s bathroom, try hand sanitiser, tissues, mouthwash, breath mints and plasters.
- Children’s activity packs – If you have younger guests, then putting together some easy activity packs can help keep them entertained. Include colouring books, puzzles, crayons and stickers for instant fun.
To keep costs down, we recommend looking online for these supplies, as you’ll often find the biggest range here.