Bridesmaids’ jewellery is one of the last things you should choose for your bridesmaids. Once you have decided on the bridesmaids’ dresses and bridesmaids’ shoes you will be in the perfect situation to choose the final touch – your bridesmaids’ jewellery. Remember to give this enough time as you don’t want to have to rush it! It would be such a shame for everything else to be so right and then ruining the bridesmaids look by a piece of badly chosen jewellery.
- Set yourself a budget and be strict. It can be very easy to splash out when buying jewellery and get carried away. If you give yourself a budget you won’t be so tempted to overspend and therefore you will still have money to spend on other important aspects of your wedding.
- Think about the bridesmaids’ specific needs. It is common to have an allergy to some types of metals, and you don’t want your bridesmaids coming up with a rash at the altar. Furthermore, some bridesmaids may not even have their ears pierced yet.
- Decide who is going to do choose early on in the proceedings. Is it going to be you alone? Are you going to ask your Maid of Honour to help? Or are you going to let them choose each individually? If you are sticking to a very tight budget and have to ask your bridesmaids to buy the jewellery themselves, you will have to make the sacrifice and let them choose it as well. This is because you may not be aware of each of their financial situations. You could, however, ask them to go for a particular style, for example, simple silver jewellery.
- Colour can be tricky, but you could be alternative and go for a complementary colour, such as green with your pink bridesmaids’ dresses or blue with chocolate brown dresses. These could also match your shoes.
- The bridesmaids’ jewellery could double up as a thank you present to the bridesmaids for their help. Jewellery is a lovely present as it can be treasured forever and will remind them of that special day.
- Everybody is different and so everybody does not suit the same jewellery. Why not give everybody a piece of jewellery of the same style, for example with pearls? You could give your Maid of honour a necklace and your other bridesmaids pearl hair accessories or earrings.
Don’t forget the jewellery for your flower girls!