Why the Bahamas is the Perfect Honeymoon Destination!
Looking for the perfect curve of white sandy beach, with turquoise seas and palm trees? The Bahamas is an absolute paradise, ideal for your first days of wedded bliss! Find out the best hotels and things to do on a Bahamas honeymoon below.
A Bahamas Honeymoon
The Bahamas offers unique, exciting and romantic honeymoon experiences found nowhere else in the world! With 700 islands to explore, there is a huge variety as you can spend one day on a secluded island and the next day in a metropolis. Combine sun, sea and sand with a multitude of activities and you get an ideal honeymoon destination! Here are some top tips for making the most of a Bahamas honeymoon.
The Bahamas are the most accessible part of the Caribbean, with 8 hour direct flights from London most days. So, with frequent, direct flight, it is a pretty easy journey to paradise!
When to go
The Bahamas, on average, are sunny for more than 300 days a year. So, you can expect decent weather all year round. However, we would suggest making the most of “hurricane season”. Peak season, and the best weather, is November to April, but outside those months you can enjoy better prices and quieter beaches. Even though it is technically hurricane season, the hurricane risk is lower than Florida. Also, if one does strike, the larger hotels are well equipped to deal with it with minimal interruption to your honeymoon. From May to October, you are still likely to get good weather with the added benefits of some off-season discounts!
What to do
There is something for everyone on a Bahamas honeymoon! Here are our top experiences, not to be missed:
- For foodie couples, try authentic dishes like Bahamian conch salad, fish fry, Bahamian macaroni and cheese, and potato salad.
- If you are looking for some retail therapy, Nassau’s Bay Street area has everything from art galleries and crafts shops, to shopping for souvenirs, perfumes, and jewellery.
- No honeymoon is complete without a rejuvenating spa experience! Spas throughout the Bahamas offering indulging treatments, including Asian techniques, authentic European therapies, and traditional treatments.
- Music is the soul of Bahamas, best experienced at an incredible beach party! Sip on a Bahama Mama rum cocktail while dancing around the bonfire as the sun goes down.
- When embarking on a Bahamas honeymoon, you’ve got to explore the sea! Whether you want adventurous water-sports or tropical relaxation, there are plenty of incredible experiences. Enjoy snorkelling and swimming with the Dolphins in Bimini, dive into the shallow reefs where you can encounter tropical fish, turtles and octopuses or cruise the turquoise waters on a catamaran!
Where to go
The Bahamas is comprised of 700 islands across over 100,000 square miles of ocean, so you are certainly spoiled for choice! The most famous port of Caribbean Islands, Nassau strikes a perfect balance between a tropical paradise and a bustling metropolitan. So, it is the best hotels and is a launch pad for visiting remote islands nearby. For example, both the northern Abaco Islands and southern Exuma Islands are known for mid-ocean sandbanks, iguanas, crystal-clear water and stunning white beaches!
Check out our list of the best Bahamas hotels below to set up a base to explore this incredible region!
Baha Mar Resort and Casino
The Baha Mar Resort and Casino comprises of five glamorous and unique hotels, so the resort has plenty of accommodation to choose from! In addition, there is a spa, golf course, animal sanctuary and casino to keep you entertained. Baha Mar works in synergy with the other two major resorts in Nassau; Sandals Resort for couples a mile north, and the family oriented Atlantis of Paradise Island 5 miles south.
If you are looking for a hidden gem, Nassau’s North West coast might have the hotel for you! One of Nassau’s best kept secrets, the Compass Point Beach Resort is close to Love Beach and boasts a colourful collection of wooden beach huts and villas on stilts. If you’re looking for a quiet retreat, unique from grand American-style resorts, Compass Point is the perfect haven!
If you’re looking for a resort which oozes luxury, Atlantis on Paradise Island is perfect! With over 20 million gallons of fresh and saltwater lagoons and pools, this resort is the ultimate waterscape. Atlantis is the largest open-air marine habitat in the world, with over 50,000 animals! One of our favourite features is “the Dig” – a maze of underwater passageways providing a journey through ancient Atlantis. Absolutely ideal for combining luxury with some fun and adventure!
Sandals Royal Bahamian Resort
For somewhere you can unwind in peace, Sandals Royal Bahamian Resort is the ultimate retreat. The all inclusive, couples hide-away is just 10 minutes from the airport and has a traditional resort set up. You can enjoy water sports, dine in 10 differing locations or even visit their private island!
Decided that a Bahamas honeymoon is perfect for you? Why not use a honeymoon registry to help fund all your incredible experiences!
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Ultimate Guides
- Covid 19
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles