Beat the January rush
Boxing Day is the start of the January wedding rush, with couples who have put their wedding planning aside over Christmas competing with those that have just got engaged for precious January appointments with wedding professionals. Here are our 5 tips on how to beat the rush!
1. DO’s – contact any businesses now who don’t traditionally have Christmas trade. For some businesses, the Christmas period is their quietest time of year, so make the most of this time to talk to them. These include florists, cake shops, travel agents and photographers. You will receive the best customer service and attention – which means that you will end up with the best result.
2. DON’T’s – Be aware that many wedding professionals cover all sorts of events, not just weddings, and for jewellers, caterers and DJs this can be their busiest time of year. Don’t contact businesses who have busy Christmas trade as you will not receive the guidance you may need.
3. The Venue – Don’t contact your venue in December. They will be busy organising Christmas parties, Christmas day, Boxing day and New Years Eve, meaning that you will not get the attention you need to plan your perfect day. Either sort your venue before the festive season or get a good deal in January.
5. Hit the sales early – if you’re free this Boxing Day, make sure you shop around for wedding decorations and finishing touches. You may find some good bargains on favours, decorations, candles or confetti both online and in the shops. If you wait until January, all the best bargains will most likely be gone.
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles