Author Archives: Alison
Choosing your mother of the bride or mother of the groom outfit is an exciting event in itself! There are plenty of choices to make - fabric, colour, style and accessories. It's a chance for you to stand out, and rightly so - your baby is getting married after all. Let's take a look at some of the do's and don'ts when picking your mother of the bride outfit.
The role of the mother of the bride, as well as the mother of the groom, is traditionally to organise various aspects of the wedding, such as the reception, flowers, stationery and guest list, but how much is this relevant for today?
This hotel based spa has extensive facilities including a gym, heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a whirlpool, a steam room, monsoon shower, a relaxation room, retail area and treatment rooms.
This has to be one of our favourite spas; not for extensive facilities or luxurious treatments, but for the wonderful simplicity of this water-based haven. From massages to facials, the treatments that Homewood Park Spa has to offer are absolutely brilliant. You're guaranteed to leave the spa feeling peaceful, relaxed and refreshed.
Coming soon to Guides for Brides; the bride's concierge service.
Simply let us know when you would like to get married and which services you need and we will create a bespoke hand-picked selection for you. Use the service to find everything from your perfect venue to your finishing touches, or just the parts you would like help with. We will keep in touch by email so that you can fine-tune your needs directly with your concierge while your plans take shape.
The service is absolutely free for you to use and you are under no obligation to use any of the suppliers suggested.
- Polite - No offensive language, slang, or unnecessary capitals.
- Fair and reasonable - Threats, prejudiced remarks, libellous comments or other content that is not appropriate for the wedding community may be removed.
- Constructive - Your review should be intended to help couples decide if the service is right for their wedding.
- Relevant - Reviews should be about the part of the business or service relevant to weddings or honeymoons.
- Authentic - Reviews are only accepted from people who have personally experienced the business or service..
- Original and unique - Reviews included on other websites should not be re-posted.
- Non-commercial - The review should not be intended to promote yourself or another business. Phone numbers, email addresses or URLs should not be included.
- Verification - A current email address must be included for verification purposes
What's the association about? NABAS (National Association of Balloon Artists and Suppliers) consists of decorators, retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers in the balloon industry. An independent management committee, elected by the members, oversees the running of the association.
Who are we? BAPIA (Balloon and Party Industry Alliance) aims to increase public awareness of the industry and the many uses for balloons and party products either as a party item or as promotional and marketing tools or for fund raising events. They are also committed to promoting the benefits of using industry professionals.
Start your wedding planning here
Guides for Brides bring you all you need to plan your dream wedding.
Need help? Our experienced team have been helping brides for more than 20 years, call us on 01235 773461 now.
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Your Wedding Day
- Other Articles