Author Archives: Alison
Congratulations on your engagement! Planning a wedding is an exciting time, but it is easy to get ahead of yourselves when you're just engaged. Here are 7 steps to successful wedding planning as you begin this amazing journey...
If you're dreaming of an outdoor wedding on the beach, in a garden or in a forest clearing, then you could be in luck - the Ministry of Justice is expected to make changes to the rules dictating where couples can marry in England and Wales, meaning that outdoor ceremonies could become a lot more flexible.
Choosing your mother of the bride or mother of the groom outfit is an exciting event in itself! There are plenty of choices to make - fabric, colour, style and accessories. It's a chance for you to stand out, and rightly so - your baby is getting married after all. Let's take a look at some of the do's and don'ts when picking your mother of the bride outfit.
The role of the mother of the bride, as well as the mother of the groom, is traditionally to organise various aspects of the wedding, such as the reception, flowers, stationery and guest list, but how much is this relevant for today?
Palazzo Avino was judged to be the most romantic hotel in Europe. Nestled in Ravello, high above the Amalfi Coast in Italy it is the perfect place for a romantic honeymoon or a fairytale wedding. A picture can say a thousand words so here is a round up of a few of our favourites so you can judge for yourself:
This hotel based spa has extensive facilities including a gym, heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a whirlpool, a steam room, monsoon shower, a relaxation room, retail area and treatment rooms.
This has to be one of our favourite spas; not for extensive facilities or luxurious treatments, but for the wonderful simplicity of this water-based haven. From massages to facials, the treatments that Homewood Park Spa has to offer are absolutely brilliant. You're guaranteed to leave the spa feeling peaceful, relaxed and refreshed.
Coming soon to Guides for Brides; the bride's concierge service.
Simply let us know when you would like to get married and which services you need and we will create a bespoke hand-picked selection for you. Use the service to find everything from your perfect venue to your finishing touches, or just the parts you would like help with. We will keep in touch by email so that you can fine-tune your needs directly with your concierge while your plans take shape.
The service is absolutely free for you to use and you are under no obligation to use any of the suppliers suggested.
- Polite - No offensive language, slang, or unnecessary capitals.
- Fair and reasonable - Threats, prejudiced remarks, libellous comments or other content that is not appropriate for the wedding community may be removed.
- Constructive - Your review should be intended to help couples decide if the service is right for their wedding.
- Relevant - Reviews should be about the part of the business or service relevant to weddings or honeymoons.
- Authentic - Reviews are only accepted from people who have personally experienced the business or service..
- Original and unique - Reviews included on other websites should not be re-posted.
- Non-commercial - The review should not be intended to promote yourself or another business. Phone numbers, email addresses or URLs should not be included.
- Verification - A current email address must be included for verification purposes
Start your wedding planning here
Guides for Brides bring you all you need to plan your dream wedding.
Need help? Our experienced team have been helping brides for more than 20 years, call us on 01235 773461 now.
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles