Have the Perfect Destination Wedding in the Bahamas!
Want to tie the knot in paradise? With white sandy beaches and clear blue seas, the Bahamas is perfect for a destination wedding! Find out everything you need to know about a Bahamas wedding below.
Why the Bahamas?
The Bahamas is a heavenly, timeless destination, absolutely ideal for an island wedding. The multitude of islands, with endless opportunities, are filled with excitement and adventure. This kind of destination transforms a wedding day into an unforgettable experience.
The different islands offer various, unique venues so couples can plan a bespoke wedding that fits them perfectly. Whatever you are looking for, from a tranquil beach wedding, to thrilling water sports and nightlife, the Bahamas has something to suit everyone! So, if a Bahamas wedding sounds like paradise to you, you can discover all the information you need below about locations, types of ceremonies and all the practicalities.
Choose a location
The Bahamas is actually made up of over 700 islands, all with beautiful beaches and individual character. However, we have chosen our top three locations for a exquisite Bahamas wedding:
Nassau & Paradise Island
The capital of The Bahamas is ideal for a larger wedding, with excellent transport links and resorts. Here, you can immerse yourself in Bahamian culture by visiting the vast array of historical landmarks and art galleries. There are also fantastic water sports and entertainment such as casinos and markets. Alongside this, you still have gorgeous sandy beaches, so you get the best of both worlds!
Grand Bahama Island
This island also has incredible resorts but has more small town charm. There are also stunning national parks and a wide array of eco-tours and water sports. Perfect for adventurous, outdoorsy couples!
The Out Islands
Ideal for an intimate, relaxed island wedding; The Out Islands is an oasis, untouched by time. With colourful clapboard houses, natural wonders and amazing scuba diving and boating opportunities. This location is perfect for a laid-back approach.
Choose a ceremony
Once you have chosen an island, there are still exciting options for your ceremony. As well as choosing between small or bigger ceremonies, you could have something private and intimate or something completely out of the box! Bahamian weddings offer a huge variety, from a traditional historic church to a private yacht, from a beautiful tropical garden to a pink beach. You can even exchange your vows underwater with the fish and the coral as your backdrop! A Bahamas wedding certainly won’t disappoint as a once in a lifetime experience.
Getting married in the Bahamas is easy! Here we have some of the key information you need for a Bahamas wedding:
- Bahama law states that you must both be resident in the Bahamas for 24 hours before you can apply for a marriage licence. The licence is then valid for 90 days. You must have evidence of your arrival date in the Bahamas (eg your plane ticket).
- You must also have all the required paperwork, such as proof of your single status and photographic ID, such as your passport.
- Couples can apply for a marriage license at the Administrator’s Office on the island of their wedding. The license then takes just two business days.
- The Bahamas marriage license is a legal document issued by the Bahamas Government, making your marriage legal at home too.
We advise that you check with your embassy regarding Bahamas Marriage Laws before you book to make sure you will have everything you need when you want to tie the knot.
To be able to have your destination wedding in such a unique and exquisite location with such ease is truly paradise! Click here for more from the Bahamas Tourist Board.
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Ultimate Guides
- Covid 19
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles