5 tips on how to stay hydrated before your wedding day
Who else is struggling to stay hydrated in these cold winter months? We’ve teamed up with Happy Brides Nutrition to understand why we need water and how we can make sure we are drinking enough of it!
Obviously, we need water to survive, but it also has loads of other benefits…
- Keeps your head clear – a must for busy brides!
- Improves concentration
- Helps skin look healthy and reduces dryness – who doesn’t want this?
- Keeps your digestive system happy
- Reduces bloatedness
- Regulates your appetite aiding Wedding weight loss
So do you think you could try a little harder? Here’s Happy Brides top tips on how to stay hydrated.
#1 Get yourself a reusable bottle
Always have water to hand by keeping it alongside items that you use everyday. Try putting your bottle by your keys when you go to bed – then you definitely won’t forget to pick up your bottle in the morning!
#2 Add fruit
Jazz up your water bottle by adding fruit. Many reusable bottles include an infuser chamber to add citrus fruits or berries.
#3 Start early
Drink water as soon as you wake up – leave yourself a note to remind yourself to go and get a fresh glass of water first thing in the morning!
Put a reminder on your phone or leave post-its around the house or the office!
#5 Drink water before you eat
Sometimes your body can mistake feeling thirst for hunger. Drinking water before a meal can reduce your calorie intake, which over the week can add up to four chocolate bars!
It is recommended that you have 6-8 glasses (1.5-2 litres) a day – on gym days aim for a little more! We think this is a quite an easy change in order to gain all the beautiful benefits – clear skin and less bloating? Sign us up!
Let's get to the gym...See our Recommendations
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Most Popular
- Start Planning
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles