10 Tips for Choosing your Wedding Flowers
1. Brainstorm ideas. First things first, you need to start thinking about your dream wedding flowers! The perfect excuse to get pinning on Pinterest and gather inspiration from other brides and their choice of wedding flowers. Pinterest and Instagram are a great source of inspiration for flower decor such as flower walls and archways.
Photo credits: Annie May Flowers
7. Think about your dress. If you have already brought your wedding dress, your florist may be interested to know the shape and style. They don’t need to see it but as much information as you can give about the shape, fabric, colour and beading can be really valuable as it can help them decide on the style of the bouquet.
8. Consider using textures. Why not mix up your bouquet and experiment with different textures such as fruit and pine cones. This can help create something really unique and memorable for your big day. We love the use of crab apples and physalis which are great seasonal additions to an autumn bouquet.
Photo credit: Flowers by Kirsty
9. Who will be doing the arrangements? Check that the florist you have been liaising with is the person who will be doing the arrangements. If it isn’t, make sure you chat with the appropriate person at a later date so they get a feel for you and your style.
10. Other bookings. Check with your florist how many other events they have booked for your wedding date (hopefully the answer is none!). If you’re paying a florist for their service, ideally you want their undivided attention to ensure those blooms are looking perfect and arriving on time.
Photo credit: Violets Garden
- Our Latest Blog Posts
- Wedding Venues
- Bridal Wear
- Mother of the Bride
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup
- Cakes, Fountains and Sweet Treats
- Caterers and Catering Equipment
- Celebrants and Toastmasters
- Church Weddings
- Discos and DJ's
- Health, Fitness and Weight Loss
- Flowers and Florists
- Gift Ideas
- Gift Lists
- Guest Accommodation
- Hen and Stag Do
- Legal, Financial and Insurance
- Photography and Photographers
- Planners and Co-ordinators
- Spas and Treatments
- Stationery and Invites
- Transport – Cars to Carriages
- Venue Decor and Furniture
- Videography and Videographers
- Weddings Abroad
- Wedding Fairs
- Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Party Advice
- Other Articles