So you’ve decided to visit the magical place of childhood dreams. You’re ready to immerse yourself in a land full princesses, pirates and perfect parades. Take a look at our top tips for your Disney honeymoon below to help you make the most of your visit.
1. Bring a lunch box – you’ll save a fortune on meals. Stock up on rolls and fruit at the hotel breakfast so you can snack whilst you go.
2. Use the single rider queue – provided you don’t feel like you need to sit next to your partner on absolutely everything, the single rider queue will get you on rides much faster, leaving you more time to make the most of the parks.
3. Shop early – if you shop early you’ll miss the mad closing rush, plus you can get your buys delivered to your Disney Hotel free of charge.
4. Download the My Disney Experience app – an invaluable source of info for everything you need during your visit; maps of the parks, ticket purchases, attraction schedules, ride timings…
5. Pre-book character meals – these book out days in advance, and sometimes you just need to have breakfast with Mickey Mouse.
6. Exclusive Park hours – if you’re staying in one of the Disney Hotels you get the benefit of exclusive entry to the park between 8-10am before the general public invade. Do note, however, that a lot of the rides don’t open during these hours, so it’s the perfect time to explore the park and the castles.
7. Bring a raincoat – aside from the water rides and inevitable downpour at some point, the ponchos in the park cost about a tenner. Save your money, bring a coat.
8. Selfie sticks – banned. Wouldn’t even bother bringing one to be honest…
9. Fireworks – DO NOT MISS THESE! The firework displays at Disney Parks are INCREDIBLE!
10. Avoid school holidays – twice as busy. Children everywhere.
11. Disneyland Paris Annual Pass – if you’re visiting Paris for 3 or more days it can actually be more cost effective to go with the annual pass, especially with all the discounts and perks that are included.
12. Bring a bottle – for water! Plenty of fountains around the park and restaurants offer free tap water.
13. Fastpass – an absolute must – for the most popular rides you will certainly benefit from these.
14. Look for hidden Mickey’s – you’ll find them on gates, light fittings, flower displays – see how many you can spot…
15. Vegetarians – if visiting Paris, vegetarianism is less prominent in France. There are options available but don’t expect a great deal of variation.
16. Eat at unusual times – should you fancy lunch in the park, pick a time outside of the lunch rush. Gives you time to enjoy the park whilst everyone else is eating.
17. Queue to the LEFT – sounds strange, but when a line has to split, where most people are right handed they tend to queue to the right.
18. Tipping – in America service charges form part of their wages, but in Paris and Japan service is included, so tipping is entirely at your discretion.
19. Take the shortcuts – grab a map and follow the hidden pathways. There are loads around and you’ll get to places you want to go to much quicker and quieter.
20. Enjoy yourself – no need to stress. You’re there to have fun, so make sure you do!