Type of Ceremony
Civil ceremony license
One wedding per day
Live music permitted
Onsite car parking
What Brides Love
- Prepare for the day with your nearest and dearest in the purpose-designed Cascade, complete with glorious views from the top of the house.
- Exchange vows in the romantic Blossom, a beautiful blank canvas to personalise within a character setting.
- Capture a breath-taking photo on the sweeping garden staircase before descending to the terrace, gardens and vineyards for your Champagne reception.
- A gourmet menu perfectly tailored to suit you, followed by your choice of extravagant evening food in an idyllic Cotswolds’ setting.
- Share your first dance in the contemporary glazed Orangery, framed by picturesque garden views.
- Enjoy your first night as newlyweds in The Pear Tree’s private honeymoon suite, Moonglow, with a balcony made for two.
About The Pear Tree
Steeped in over 400 years of history, having been at the heart of the English village of Purton since the 16th-century, this private house is evolving to become one of the counties finest Civil Licensed Wedding Venues.
Once moved brick-by-brick to where it now stands, today The Pear Tree adds another chapter with the creation of a Cotswolds stone Orangery, breath-taking garden staircase and purpose-designed interiors.
Married with the existing vineyards, grounds and historic rooms, the house transforms into a Wiltshire wedding venue with an enchanting blend of old and new, 10 minutes from Swindon. Even your first step inside is filled with occasion, because the stone threshold was built to match St Paul’s Cathedral’s height above sea level.
Prepare for the day at the top of the house in Cascade, the dressing room, accessed from the wrap-around Atrium staircase – a great spot for group photographs later on.
Exchange vows in the light and airy Blossom ceremony room. In summer, the fragrance of the blooms drifts in, while twinkling candles create atmosphere in winter.
Newly married, capture a photo at the top of the open-air staircase before descending to the gardens and vineyards. With a church spire, woodland and fields for your view, the garden terrace creates a picturesque backdrop year-round.
As your wedding day progresses, so does your journey through The Pear Tree’s enchanting patchwork of spaces. Dine and dance in the contemporary Orangery, where floor-to-ceiling windows frame garden views, then escape to Moonglow, your Honeymoon Suite, as guests retire to their bedrooms.