Type of Ceremony
Civil ceremony licensed
Humanist / Celebrant weddings
1 to 9 guests
BBQ & Hog Roasts
Live music permitted
Onsite car parking
What Our Couples Love
- Outdoor wedding ceremonies
- The Boathouse
- Licensed for weddings inside and outside
- 4 stunning function suites
- 34 bedrooms including four poster rooms
- Beautiful 15th Century building
- Civil ceremony licence (indoor and outdoor)
- Wide selection of menu choices including vegetarian and vegan options
- 18 acres of land including 4 lakes, rose garden, secret garden and forest walk with ruins
- Brand new Getting Ready Room
- Honeymoon Suite with views over the grounds (included in your package)
Frequently asked questions
Can we have exclusive use of the venue?
Yes you can have exclusive use of the venue.
Are you licenced for civil ceremonies?
Yes we are.
Can we have the wedding ceremony outdoors?
We have the beautiful Little Castle for your outdoor ceremony.
From what time can we get access to decorate the venue?
You have access from 9am on the morning of your wedding.
Is there a honeymoon or bridal suite?
Yes, the honeymoon suite is included in your package.
Is there accommodation on site?
Yes we have 34 rooms onsite
About The Ravenswood
The Ravenswood is a beautiful 15th Century wedding venue in the heart of the Ashdown Forest in Sharpthorne, West Sussex, licensed for indoor or outdoor ceremonies. We have 3 function rooms and 18 acres of grounds.
We want your day to be about you, which is why we only offer exclusive hire of the venue spaces. Or if you truly want to become lord or lady of the manor, you can exclusively hire the entire manor, giving you 34 ensuite bedrooms for you and your guests to enjoy.
Our stunning 18 acres of land contain outdoor ceremony area, a pavilion, 4 lakes, ruins, boathouse, bridges, pleasure gardens and even a giant chair. Our director of the grounds has 10 years of experience as a wedding photographer and so has ensured a fabulous selection of picturesque spots for your photographs.
We would love to invite you for a private tour of The Ravenswood, to see how our beautiful venue may be just what you are looking for.
Pricing info shown in the listing summary:
Based on a typical wedding reception for 80 guests, including venue hire, wedding breakfast, drinks package and evening buffet.