The Barn at Stonehill is Abingdon's best kept secret and is available to hire on a flexible DIY basis for weddings allowing a maximum of 150 guests. The old barn has beautiful gardens, guest accommodation and car parking. Bookings for 2021 now open.
Stonehill Barn which has a ceremonial licence, is set in the grounds of a beautiful early Georgian Manor House. The magical aura of this barn and grounds are an oasis of serenity hidden away in the countryside outside Abingdon. This idyllic setting, with its ever present doves and frequent red kites, forms the perfect backdrop for memorable photographs. The wedding garden in front of the barn also offers the possibility to set up marquees fitting to the occasion.
The wedding barn (21.6m x 9.5m) is particularly striking with its exposed timbers, herringbone brickwork floor and vast barn doors. The beauty of Stonehill Barn as a wedding venue lies not only in the mystical ambiance or majesty of the building, but also in the fact that wedding clients are able to create a unique bespoke wedding event.
The team at Stonehill are happy to welcome you to visit the location by appointment only.
• Maximum capacity is 150 people but depending on Covid-19 restrictions, we suggest 100 guests, which would allow enough space for social distancing measures
• Ceremonial licence
• We are happy to recommend local suppliers for all your event
• Pricing for a 48 hour hire slot from midday of the day before through to midday following the event from £2,500
• Music cut-off is 11pm, although silent discos are welcome to continue until midnight
• Accommodation is available in a self-catering on-site cottage, sleeping 6
• Glamping is possible max 20 tents
Pricing info shown in the listing summary:
Based on venue hire