Type of Ceremony
Civil ceremony licensed
Humanist / Celebrant weddings
One wedding per day
Live music permitted
What Our Couples Love
- Beautiful Location
- Stunning Staircase
- Newly Refurbished
- Wedding Planner
Frequently asked questions
Can we have exclusive use of the venue?
We take one wedding booking per day. However the main hotel areas would be open to Hotel Patrons
Are you licenced for civil ceremonies?
Can we have the wedding ceremony outdoors?
Unfortunately we have no outdoor space - however we do have 3 suites registered for ceremonies
Do you charge corkage if we supply our own wine?
Corkage is not permitted at the hotel
Can we use our own caterers?
Clients must take food and beverage items from the hotel only
From what time can we get access to decorate the venue?
Arrival from 0900 for set up on the day of the wedding
What time does the reception need to finish?
Are there noise restrictions if we have a live band?
Are fireworks allowed?
Is confetti allowed?
Are candles allowed?
Is there a honeymoon or bridal suite?
Yes - we have several suitable rooms/suites in the hotel
Is there accommodation on site?
Hotel has 211 bedrooms
Is there additional accommodation nearby?
Special Guides for Brides offers
Hilton Edinburgh Carlton Hotel wedding deal
Winter Wedding Offer
Red carpet welcome, to make the perfect entrance
• Traditional Scottish piper to pipe your arrival
• Welcome glass of Prosecco for all guests (post-ceremony) or a fruit juice alternative
• Two canapés per guest
• Three course wedding breakfast with coffee and petit fours
• Free meal and drinks for children under 5 years
• Half bottle of house wine served with the meal
• Glass of Prosecco for toast
• Late night warm bacon rolls
• Acting Master of Ceremonies, who looks after you on your wedding day
• Top table floral display
• Personalised menus, table numbers and table plan
• Traditional ornate cake stand and cutting knife
• Twinkling tea lights on tables
• White linen table cloths, chair covers and napkins
• White top table & cake table drape
• Black LED dancefloor
• Coloured LED lighting for the evening reception
• Private bar within the Highland Suite
• Wedding breakfast and wine tasting for the Bride & Groom
Changing room between 11am and 3pm for the Bridal party on the wedding day
• 15% discount on accommodation rates for the wedding guests on the night of the wedding, subject to availability
• Dedicated Wedding Coordinator, to seamlessly guide and advise you through planning your big day
Upgraded bedroom including breakfast in bed for the Bride & Groom on the night of the wedding
• Complimentary 1st Year Wedding Anniversary dinner for two (dinner based on three courses from Pre Theatre menu)
Terms and conditions
£60.00pp based on minimum numbers of 65
About Hilton Edinburgh Carlton Hotel
If you're looking for a venue for a small intimate wedding or a reception for up to 160 guests, Hilton Edinburgh Carlton Hotel is the place for you. It's a beautiful Midlothian wedding venue licensed for civil ceremonies.
We have a team who are dedicated to ensuring your experience with us is perfect. The team will be there to help you every step of the way.
We offer different packages for those getting married with us. Our packages offer excellent features for your day such as; welcome prosecco, canapes, three-course wedding breakfast, and much more.
Pricing info shown in the listing summary:
Based on a typical wedding reception for 80 guests, including venue hire, wedding breakfast, drinks package and evening buffet.