Type of Ceremony
Civil ceremony license
Humanist / Celebrant weddings
College, School or University
One wedding per day
Live music permitted
Onsite car parking
What Our Couples Love
- bridal changing suite
- pre-ceremony rehearsal followed by private dinner
- onsite parking, free for guests
- exclusive venue hire for a private house party feel
- complimentary event planning service
- ability to customise the venue dressing at no extra cost
- Choice of ceremony areas for a traditional or modern feel
- Everything you need in the one venue: ceremony, perfect photo backdrop and several catering options
- Wedding breakfast packages include traditional plated meals, BBQ , Afternoon Tea or a Picnic on the Lawns
- Dog friendly
- Free car parking
- Unusual wedding venue
- Corkage charge if you wish to bring your own drink at just £5 per guest
- Family friendly
- Children welcome
- Wedding ceremony only option
- Wedding reception venue
- Full day hire for wedding ceremony and ongoing celebrations
About Sunninghill Weddings
Sunninghill is a Grade II listed building which retains many of its original features including wood panelling, working fireplaces and ornate ceiling decorations. The house sits in its own grounds framed by mature trees, a perfect photo backdrop.
Sunninghill Weddings can host your wedding ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening reception in our beautiful warm and friendly building.
Catering is by carefully selected privately-hired chefs who have been chosen for their professionalism, culinary skills and ability to work to your budget to deliver super tasty food prepared from seasonal ingredients here in our kitchens. We offer several wedding packages including food and drinks, we also offer drinks and canapés and several evening menu options.
We have a bridal changing suite for the wedding party to change, dress hair and make-up and our light and airy first floor suite is a perfect place to chill out before the ceremony. Entrance is down our grand staircase. Brides wanting to arrive by car have sole use of the main entrance off South Walks and we have a dedicated wedding car parking area by the main entrance.
The house and grounds offer numerous photographic opportunities for the couple and their their guests.
Ceremonies can be held indoors or out; larger parties may erect a marquee on the main lawn.
There is a dedicated children's play area in the garden and we also offer complimentary use of a selection of garden games.
Pre-Ceremony rehearsals are available and this can be followed by dinner in our private dining room.
Sunninghill is located within easy walking distance of Dorchester town centre with its many public transport links and variety of guest accommodation.